Chapter 8

Briefing Room, Military Base

Lily and her team are the only people in the room having briefing moments for the next mission. They were given a briefing by an American-Chinese male four star general named Robert Zhang. A respectable man and serious matter when it comes to important tasks to defend the nation and its people from serious threats. He's discussing them as he said for the briefing.

Robert Zhang: Listen up, Patriots. You're the only team to be part of this secret mission. There is a very group of White Fang under Adam Taurus leadership gathering recruits to their cause. We also learn that there's two humans involved working for the White Fang.

Mark: Whoa, whoa, there sir. Humans? I thought White Fang hates Humans.

Lily: They must've needed someone who knows many things. They said they hate humans, but have humans work for them. Now that is hypocritical.

Claire: True for that, girl.

Robert Zhang: Alright, here's how the mission goes. I want to find and sabotage their operations before they have enough numbers to follow a terrorist group before they even start it. It's located in Vale so tonight they are going to have a meeting and you are going there.

Lily: Blend in?

Robert Zhang: Yes. Blend in. The OFI already had a building for covert missions and it was used as an OFI secret outpost. Perseus Corporation will also be part of it so consider a joint operation between Perseus PMC and Military.

Mark: So Perseus Corporation is joining this too, huh? I wonder if Mr. Liones wanted to be involved?

Diego: He has his own reason.

Lily: When do we leave?

Robert Zhang: Today. We already pack up your things and equipment into Raven dropship to send to Vale Kingdom. You have 5 minutes to be prepared. Once you're there, you may start the mission tonight.

Lily: Understood, sir. We'll be ready tonight for a mission.

Robert Zhang: Excellent to hear, Specialist Long. Dismissed.

They all stand up and leave the room to be prepared for deportation to Vale Kingdom for covert mission.

...

Outside the Beacon Academy

Blake was walking around trying to get the call from her father on the scroll of what was happening to Menagerie and almost declared war on Atlas for an unjustified attack.

Blake: Come on, come on, pick it up!

Scroll AI: Sorry, the number you called hasn't responded. Please try again.

Blake: Damn it.

She was irritated. She tried calling him again, but never responded. Ruby and the others saw her and went up there.

Ruby: Blake! You alright?

Blake: No, I am not. It's just... it just doesn't make sense at all.

Yang: Well, everything doesn't make sense anyways.

Weiss: Not helping, Yang.

Blake: I just don't remember Menagerie becoming like a kingdom. All they wanted was to be left alone. But I can't imagine they become... that.

Pyrrha: I really don't know what changed Menagerie, but we couldn't figure it out.

Jaune: Not to mention that Atlas picked the fight with Menagerie and they just lost!