Chapter 10

Briefing Room, Florida Military Base

Deegan Powell, the OFI director, is in the briefing room to inform the known Patriot Specialists chosen for this mission: Lily Long, Mark Edwards, Claire Bohen Beaufort, and Diego Santiago Hernandez. 3-Star General Veronica Long is also present beside the OFI director for this briefing. The OFI director addresses the Patriot Specialists.

Deegan: Alright, listen up! From the information we gathered from that individual, there are three people planning to install a virus at the CTT Tower during the Beacon Dance tonight.

Mark: Beacon Dance? That sounds like a prom.

Deegan: Correct. Those three perpetrators are hiding among the students, and we can't just go in since Atlesian soldiers have established a security perimeter in the area. We can't risk that, but it's a risk we are willing to take.

Lily: So, what's the mission?

Veronica: Simple. Your mission is to head to that tower and install an anti-virus. When one of the perpetrators enters the tower and fails to install their virus, we jump in, take them down, and retreat before everyone notices our presence.

Diego: Why am I included in this mission, director?

Deegan: Exactly. The Perseus Corporation is providing us with their five best elite soldiers. And for the military...

Veronica: We will have a Spartan for this mission.

Mark: Hold up! Did you say Spartan?

The Patriot Specialists were surprised to have a Spartan as part of this mission. They had heard rumors about a project creating super soldiers that could outperform Huntsmen and Huntresses. Although confused about the need for a Spartan in a seemingly simple mission to infiltrate the CCT Tower and install an antivirus, Claire raises her hand.

Claire: Excuse me, sir. But why do we need a Spartan for this mission?

Veronica: Director Powell shared information with me that the leader of those perpetrators is named Cinder Fall. Roman told us she has a unique ability unrelated to semblance, and her powers are unknown. Even though we have Patriot Specialists with semblances, we must be cautious of encountering someone stronger like her. That's why we're sending a Spartan to assist you for this mission.

Lily: I see... If this Cinder Fall is a threat, then it'll be better to have a Spartan on our side.

Diego: I agree with her. A Spartan would be a great asset for our mission.

Mark: No objection here.

Veronica: Then it's settled. The mission will start an hour from now at nighttime, so be prepared to leave. Understood?

Lily, Claire, Mark, & Diego: Yes ma'am!

Veronica: Good. Dismissed.

...

Night Time

Starting of Beacon Dance Event

A Raven Dropship in cloaking mode was able to pass through Atlesian airships that patrolled around Vale for security purposes ahead of the upcoming Vytal Festival event. They reached Beacon Academy where everyone was in the room, enjoying the Beacon Dance together, and the professors were too busy to look out for their students.

They stopped outside Beacon Academy. Lily and her team, along with a Spartan, disembarked from the dropship, and the dropship flew away to find a place to hide and wait for their call to leave when the mission was complete.

They positioned themselves at the CCT Tower, where only one Atlesian soldier stood guard.

Lily: Hold up.