Chapter 3

The Next Day

The UFA Navy Expeditionary fleet goes out to the sea to reach to the island called Menagerie, Faunus homeland and safe haven to get away from other kingdoms due to discrimination and wanted to be left alone.

But for UFA, that is a different story.

They reached the island as they were on standby by the order of Three Star General Veronica Garcia Long. They have prepared to be sent there to meet the leader of Menagerie settlement.

They even brought an ambassador for this mission. His name is Joseph Martinez. Lily and her teammates are part of a diplomacy mission to protect a general and ambassador from any one that tries to take their lives, according to intelligence that there is a presence of White Fang somewhere in the settlement so they have to be cautious. They even add a number of Vanguard Knights for security.

They ride on a Raven dropship and fly away from the aircraft carrier. It was accompanied by two Jackal starfighters to protect a diplomat aircraft from flying Grimm creatures.

They reached Menagerie, which the people living in the village were shocked and surprised by those aircrafts. The Menagerie guards saw them in the sky headed this way so a captain, Saber Rodentia, ordered his men to standby to see whoever comes to this island and keep their weapons ready if they show hostility.

Two Jackal starfighters fly away and Raven dropship is landed near Belladonna Family House. The door opens to see Lt. Gen. Veronica, Ambassador Martinez, Lily's Specialist team, and a group of Vanguard Knights come out of the dropship and approach them.

The Faunus people go there to see those people wear different clothes and they see they're not from Atlas due to Raven Dropship not related to Atlas aircraft.

Saber swallows his throat and says to them,

Saber: Greetings... It was, uh, nice to meet people like you to visit Menagerie. What is your business here?

Martinez: I am Ambassador Joseph Martinez and this is Lt. Gen. Veronica Garcia Long. We are here to establish a diplomatic mission with your leader on this island.

Saber surprised them by coming here for a diplomatic mission to meet their chieftain.

Saber: Uhh...

???: What's going on here?

They see someone open the door. They see a black cat faunus woman wearing a Menagerie outfit.

Kali: Captain, what's going on and who are these people?

Saber: Well, I...

Veronica: And you are, miss?

Kali: I am Kali Belladonna.

Veronica: And would it happen to be a wife of the chieftain in this land.

Kali: Yes. How do you know that?

Veronica: We have ways of knowing the people. After all...

She removes a cap revealing her fox ears.

Veronica: I, myself, like your people.

Saber: You're a faunus! And not only that, a general!

Veronica: Lieutenant General.

She said, correctly to him.

Veronica: Anyways, I would like to come inside so we can meet your husband and begin the diplomacy.

Kali: Of course! Come on, we haven't had guests from outside the Menagerie for a long time.