12.

Naruto could feel the looks and the opinions change of him and he could see people want to start to get friendly with him. Like the masses of the sheep that followed the wrong heard.

Was that Naruto's fault? No.

So he ignored them. Just because the truth came to light doesn't mean he needs to give them hope. He wasn't going to do that. He walked into a store, intent on making something for Omoi.

He had a sweet tooth, maybe a lollipop bouquet? He smiled just thinking about Omoi. He headed to the register to pay.

"How are you today?" Naruto blinked looking at the woman he didn't want to talk,

"How much." Naruto said, not wanting to talk to anybody and scoffing at the audacity the woman had.

"I'm just making small talk." The woman said and and Naruto blinked,

"You have never talk to me before, let's not start that now. What is my total?" Naruto said and the woman sigh told Naruto his total, he grabbed the bag and placed the money on the counter,

"Keep the change, and keep your opinion and any words to me to yourself." Naruto said, and he meant that. He left the store and immediately ran into somebody.

Could Naruto's day get any worse? He didn't know, what he did know is that he was ultimately annoyed with any and everybody that wasn't Omoi.

"Do not touch me if you aren't familiar with me." Naruto said coldly, before he could even look up there was a chuckle.

"I was just thinking about you, well I'm always thinking about you, overthinking has that effect on me." Naruto blinked, and he smiled.

"Omoi! What are you doing here?" Naruto said, smile on his face, Omoi had a lollipop in his mouth and he hummed.

"I'm headed to see your dad, My Kage sent me to drop something off." Naruto wrapped his arms around Omoi.

"Can you stay? How long can you stay?" Naruto asked, he missed Omoi. Omoi sighed and ran a hand through Naruto's hair. It seemed his Kage knew Naruto would be excited to see him.

"You have me for three days, so what do you want to do?" Naruto gave Omoi a happy smile, it was funny that Omoi could make somebody so happy.

"Take me out!" Naruto said and Omoi smiled. Naruto dragged Omoi to the ramen restaurant. Though he had something to drop off he supposed it could wait, maybe until tomorrow.

He typically doesn't, but he'll indulge Naruto right now. He'll try and not to make it a habit going forward.

"I thought I was taking you out? You dragged me here." Naruto rolled his eyes, Omoi smiled softly. Naruto was always in such a good mood when he was here.

Though he hadn't seen Naruto since the party, he believes that they are close. Though now he was watching Naruto make a bouquet out of lollipops for him, talking about something.

"So I've been mastering sealing, and Nagato has been so understanding. He lets me do whatever I want. Oh and..." Omoi locked eyes with blue one, smiling but those brown eyes were staring down at Naruto.

Naruto blushed and stopped talking. Omoi wondered why he stopped talking but didn't dwell too much on it, since he could see the faint tint in Naruto's cheeks.

"You are wearing my necklace? How is it treating you?" Naruto almost fainted.

"Omoi don't talk like that." Omoi tilted his head, questions floating into his head. He didn't ask them, but they continued to swarm his mind. Naruto's heart was pounding, the constant eye contact, the referring to Naruto's personal items as his, when it was Naruto's.

"He's acting like an Alpha, you know. He is your mate. Embrace it."

"Naruto." Naruto watched as Omoi ran a hand through his hair. Omoi looked to be at ease near Naruto even though Naruto was a wreck. A mess.

"How's the necklace?" Omoi said softly, and Naruto smiled.

"I like it, thank you. This is obviously for you. You know you have a sweet tooth." Omoi nodded, grabbing a lollipop to soil his dinner he thanked Naruto.

"Thank you, oh before I forget. I'll be participating in the Jounin exams that will be hosted here. You'll come cheer me on right?" Naruto smiled.

"You just keep on being two ranks higher than me huh?" Naruto asked and Omoi hummed.

"Well you are going to surpass me and be Hokage. I'm preparing myself to stay by your side." Naruto blushed again, and Omoi had no idea what he was doing to the fox carrier.

"You are such a good mate Omoi. Your future wife would be lucky to have you." Omoi placed that thought in his mind.

Future wife? He wasn't really looking for that at the moment.

"Hm maybe." Omoi said as their food was brought to their table.

Small talk at the table, the two seemed to be getting closer and closer as time went on. Naruto asked Omoi if he wanted to spend the night. The answer is obviously yes.

"Oh Naruto before I forget." Naruto wondered what else Omoi had to say, they were about to retire home, it was getting late since Naruto had spent all day shopping for Omoi before actually seeing Omoi.

Omoi pulled out a small book with a boy on it. Naruto tilted his head confused before Omoi spoke.

"Happy Birthday, you are sixteen now." The seventeen year old spoke, looking at how Naruto's eyes lit up with that book.

It was perfect for his training.

Rare powers and forbidden Jutsu's. A book that was a list on Jutsu's that were rare and forbidden in each major village. It was a excellent learning tool that Naruto could learn from.

"You remembered my birthday?" Naruto said softly, moving over to lean into Omoi's space.

"You never had a birthday you enjoyed, let me change that okay?" Naruto did just burry his head in Omoi's chest. He was happy and content, especially when Omoi drop his arm around the happy blonde.

"You are the best person in my life Omoi." Naruto whispered and Omoi smiled.

"You deserve better." Omoi said which was true.

"I'm a mess, and I overthink. You really could've made a much better friend." Naruto blinked, before he smiled.

"Silly, you came to me remember?" Naruto said tilting his head and Omoi nodded, remembering he really did come to Naruto in an overthinking panics. Though he wouldn't have changed anything about that night.

Though Naruto's family was trying to decide how to get him back and happy and under their roof. Little did they know that if they didn't anything to separate him and Omoi.

Naruto might cause a riot, raise hell and maybe even kill depending on who they were.

*

Amiyah