7

Haikuan walked towards Xiao Zhan's infirmary while holding the ring box that Yibo had given him. When he was in front of Xiao Zhan's infirmary door, he tucked the box into his trouser pocket.

As he touched the doorknob, he heard Xiao Zhan's sobs from inside. He gripped the doorknob tightly when he heard a series of sentences accompanied by sobs from the beautiful man.

"I'm sorry, I did this because I didn't want you to feel any more pain than this,"

After Xiao Zhan finished his sentence, Haikuan turned the doorknob then pushed it slowly. He looked at Xiao Zhan who was now sitting with his face hidden between his knees.

He slowly walked over to Xiao Zhan and touched the sweet man's shoulder gently.

Xiao Zhan gasped in surprise as he immediately raised his head. He quickly wiped his tear-filled face. "You're Haikuan, aren't you? What are you doing here?" Xiao Zhan asked while trying to put on a sweet smile.

"Is Xiao laoshi okay? I saw you crying earlier," said Haikuan pretending as if he didn't know anything.

Xiao Zhan smiled wryly with his head down. He shook his head slowly as he looked at Yibo's cellphone which was now in his hand. "I'm fine, it's just that I was in a lot of pain, so I cried," Xiao Zhan said, his eyes misty again.

Haikuan looked at the phone in Xiao Zhan's hand. He knew it was Yibo's cell phone. "Isn't that Yibo's cell phone, did he give it to you?" asked Haikuan again. Deliberately to lighten the mood.

"Hmm, he gave it to me," said Xiao Zhan.

Haikuan reached into his trouser pocket to retrieve the red box. He stared at the box for a moment then handed it to Xiao Zhan.

The beautiful man turned his head when he saw the red box. He lifted his head, looking confusedly at Haikuan.

"My naughty cousin left this for you," Haikuan said, staring at the box.

Xiao Zhan was taken aback by Haikuan's words. He stared blankly at the red box. With trembling hands he grabbed the box and opened it.

Tears welled up in his eyes again when he saw the ring. His shoulders were shaking violently. Xiao Zhan wept silently, the only sound that could be heard was heart-rending sobs that made anyone feel sad when they heard it.

No exception with Haikuan who is now staring sadly at the slender man. His hand lifted and touched Xiao Zhan's shoulder. Unexpectedly, Xiao Zhan immediately hugged him.

The beautiful man had no intention of hiding his fragile side. For some reason, he felt sick seeing Yibo's treatment like this to him.

Haikuan rubbed Xiao Zhan's back gently. Trying to calm the beautiful man. "Yibo really loves you laoshi, in my whole life, never once have I seen the shady look in his eyes, there was only a cold stare," said Haikuan.

"But since he met you, Yibo has turned into a warm person, and that only happens when he's with you," said Haikuan again.

"But I don't want to hurt him, I won't be able to live with him," Xiao Zhan said while sobbing.

"I know laoshi, I won't blame you, he was the one who loved the wrong person," said Haikuan.

"If you don't want to wear the ring, please don't throw it away, Yibo bought the ring from his part-time salary for almost a year," Haikuan said again.

Xiao Zhan took his arms off Haikuan. He looked at the red box with tears that became more and more intense. He sobbed as his body shook violently. His hand gripped the red box tighter.