Chasing Giants

IMPORTANT: IM REVAMPING TBB. Also I've changed Alison Johnson's name to Sage Johnson. Just a little switch up. Also special thanks to @happymelancholy_ who let me know in 2020 this was still one of her faves & @anny0222 for being such a faithful and patient reader<3 Hope you enjoy this update : )

CHAPTER 15:

"Boyfriend." I stated.

Matt looked incredulously from the giant manchild to me, probably fearing for his life seeing as Chance looked like he could just step on someone and break them, his strong jaw able to swallow a person whole. I saw the flicker of fear in his beady pedo bear eyes, and briefly wondered what it must be like to be so intimidating to solicit such an effect on someone. Matt straightened up as if trying to make himself more macho, which actually looked dulled in comparison to Chance who just leisurely looked life threatening. His eyes widened as he cleared his throat.

"Wow, Sage. Didn't know you had a boyfriend." He murmured, spitting boyfriend out as if it tasted bitter.

"I don't like to brag-"

"Always so modest, she is." Chance picked up, throwing me a glance that said more things than should be conveyed in a glance. Where most would see Chance looking to me adoringly I saw what he was really saying. One. That he was going to murder me. And two. He wanted me to stop being a dumbass and go along with it.

Matt gave a tight smile,"So..." he started prompting for a name.

"Oh, oh, this is uh-" I stalled unsure if Chance wanted an fake name or not.

Chance looked up. Raising a brow slightly. "It's Chance." I could see he was starting to get slightly irritated at my impromptu. I could be good at this.

"Like there's a chance he could kill someone if he got angry enough." I tried to joke.

Matt seemed to pale a bit, and Chance's jaw clenched almost as if he was chewing imaginary gum. Wow. The tension. I could cut it with a spoon.

"How long have you two been dating?"

Chance leaned back in his seat effortlessly while I frantically searched for my words, "Oh, we just-"

"Passed our sixth month anniversary last Thursday." He finished.

My jaw almost unhinged itself and walked away. I was shocked he came up with that so fast. Matt eyed my reaction, getting skeptical.

"That's fun, what did you guys go do?" Matt quizzed.

"Nothing fancy, something simple." I responded, mostly thinking Chance wasn't the creative elaborate type, and I sure as hell couldn't think of something on the spot date related. I've never really dated and everything in the movies looks so cheesy...and just too sentimental for me. I'm perfectly okay with not crying happy tears! Who wants to cry happy tears? I'm more of the scary movie action kind of girl. Let's go rob a bank and have a cop chase type.

"I took her to my dad's beachhouse Friday, it's about 2 hours away. And we stayed there. There's this really great seafood restaurant, Beneath the Stars, and it's actually in the ocean. The ceiling is this super durable glass but you have the best view of the stars. And of course it was candlelit. The best for my little cupcake." The corners of his mouth turned upwards.

"And then we just went home." I quickly finished before Chance could say anything incriminating or unnecessary.

"I might have to use that in the future, good job man." Matt stumbled.

"Thanks uh..." Chance acted like he was squinting for his name, he tsked, "Mathew. You don't mind if I snag her away, we're going to be late for our premiere."