Chapter 5: God bless my stubborn defiance:

Chapter 5:

"Ow." I took a bite of my sandwich and chewed slowly not trying to chew the food on either side of my face. " I clearly said ow. That hurts, can you stop it?" Ms. Mann stood dabbing rather roughly at my eye and lip with disinfectant.

"Hush your face or I'll hush it for you." She said in seven octaves lower than a normal woman's voice.

My face formed in questioning.

Hush my face?

How do you even do that?

She's certainly not the most friendly nurse I met. She's very... well what her last name suggests. She's like a real life man. I took a drink of the juice box she gave me slurping loudly in hopes of annoying her as she man handled my face. She had generously almost thrown the juice box at my face when she got it from her mini fridge, because a certain boho girl offered to get my food and forgot my drink. Not really complaining I have a pretty awesome bestfriend who even grabbed my bag too and was thoughtful enough to give me a cookie. I slurped again.

The she-he suddenly snatched my juice box squeezing what was left of the juice out with her bare fist. "Heyyy!" I exclaimed in protest. "I wasn't through with that."

"Now you are. Lie down. Your face remains ugly and get more if you don't." She pushed me down roughly on the grey patient bed slamming me down against the irritating white paper they put on the beds for sanitary reasons. I leaned up still slightly offended. "No. I don't want to-" She slammed me back down much to my dissatisfaction. "Put this on your weird eye." She pushed a ice baggy on my swollen eye. I groaned giving in and lying inert on the bed.

Ms. Mann turned around pulling a curtain around the bed, and I looked towards the tiled ceiling. I didn't want to waste time in here. Surely you'd think I would want to, considering I looked like the victim of a alleyway mugging, but no I wanted to proudly show off my battle scars. Like wudddup dog, I got in a fight, I pop caps and shit. Thug life.

"How long do I have to stay h-"

"Til' end of the school day." Ms. Mann interrupted me.

"Can I call my mom?"

"No."

"Why?" I whined.

"I called her already."

"What'd she say?" I questioned in hopes of irritating her.

"You're an idiot."

I rolled my eyes. Typical mother.

"And she'll have talk when you get home." Nurse Man added. Ooh that's a new one.

"I have to stay here all day?" I groaned flipping uncomfortably on the bed. My head was raging. They can't give you any source of advil or any type of pills here and right about now it sucks fucking BALLSSS. I groaned aloud flipping again.

"Shutup back there." Ms. Mann spoke from the other side of the curtain.

"I'm playing on my ipod and going to sleep if I have to stay." I protested. Ms. Mann failed to respond so I took that as a yes.

I played on my phone idly bored until I heard Ms. Mann talking on the phone to her lover. It was really gross and I don't really want to explain her husky voice and the noises I heard presumably from inside the bathroom. I'm pretty sure she'd thought I'd fallen asleep and right now it was scarring me for life. I pulled out my headphones from my purse, I think Cali brought it back. And lied there listening to Lana's sex of a voice for a lullaby.

..

Someone was shaking me.

"Get up." I grunted in response slapping away the hands. I heard someone huff in annoyance mumbling underneath their breath.