Chapter 9: I must've been a serial killer logic:

Chapter 9:

 I shook my head back and forth. No. No. No. 

No. No. No. No. Noooooo!

These things don't happen.

Why God? Why must you curse upon me such horrible e-vile people. Was I a serial killer in a past life? Did I murder great masses of people back in my heyday? What have I ever done to deserve such uncomical irony?

My face instantly fell and I looked back between Leah, Kasey and the devil.  

No.  

They looked alike, I internally reasoned. And he was nice, and flirty and perfect. And he had a little tooth gap, muscles, and cute hair.  

Damn it all, why couldn't he be her son!?

"Sage, over here dear!" Leah waved her arms and Chance turned around from talking to someone. His face going slack as if not even comprehending what happened, while I was left comparing Chance's massiveness to small Leah. It just didn't add up, Kasey even looks like he could be her son. I mean Kasey was tall but Chance was downright massive.

 Kasey cleared his throat breaking my stare, "You're not like Chance's girlfriend are you?"

I choked on imaginary gum. "Like his girlfriend? God no." I ran a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry though, I think I mixed you up with someo-"

"Ok good. Wouldn't want that." He chuckled cutting me off. "Um listen why don't you text me or something and we can hangout or something." He turned around looking intently for someone, "Yo Craten gimme' a pen!"

"Huh?" I muttered. Why did he need a pen? A pen for what?

Kasey threw a hand in the air smoothly catching a flying pen from another player, mumbling something about it being lucky. "Uhm my number, let's hangout sometime Sage." He said rolling Sage on his tongue like he could taste it.

My jaw almost dropped.  "You're giving me your number?"

"Yeah, shit, you're in this costume. Um do those paw things come off?" He didn't wait for my reply. His own curiosity taking lead. Pulling off the gloved paw that wasn't holding Waverly, he started scrawling a number ending it with a smiley face onto the palm of my hand. I looked at it in disbelief. A boy just gave me his number. A hot baseball boy. Wait is this even real life?

I had the sudden urge to pinch myself.

"I-I have to go." I managed to get out.

He cheesed with his cute gap, "See ya later Sage."

I walked in numb shock across the field to Leah whose face was unreadable. The same going for Chance, he was surprising calm, too calm, too non I'm-gonna-kill-you calm. And it was freaking me out. 

I was avoiding his heated stare at all costs, it was as if he was looking down and judging me.

"Who was that?" Leah asked out of curiosity, breaking the awkward tension.

My cheeks tinged, "Oh, that was Kasey apparently. I saw the 13 and I don't know figured he was your son. Talk about awkward..." I trailed, hoping to lighten the atmosphere.

"Why is she holding Waverly?" Chance stiffly said, speaking up for the first time. He held his arms outwards silently demanding I give her to him. Leah looked up giving him a parental glare, she turned back towards me smiling and I adjusted Waverley. "Sage this is my incredibly well mannered son Chance. Chance meet Sage." 

I nodded turning my glance elsewhere, mumbling an, "I know." 

Leah seemed completely taken aback by this, because apparently going to the same school and me being stuck as a fucking monster for the team of which he plays on could mean we still didn't know of each other.