S E V E N

𝕽𝖎𝖈𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖔 (𝕯𝖆𝖉)

We made our way back, and I had called for intel, so we were currently awaiting the information We we bombarded with questions as soon as we entered the door, yet we could not answer with the good news we were hoping for.

It was dinner time, and we all sat silently, I had not received the information yet and was getting impatient. As if God answered my prayers, we were soon interrupted by my phone, I wasted no time in answering the call and receiving the news.

"Hello?"I greeted irritated, as I looked around to see all my boys staring at me.

"Yes Sir, I have got the case file" He responds, in a neutral tone. I could not stop thinking if she had been endangered

"Well, Go on, I don't have all day" I gritted through my teeth and took a deep breath.

"Brielle Vassileva, no middle name, one deceased parent, and current career killed in a hit run. Relation to the girl, Step-Father. Real father, unknown. Step Father was involved in drug dealing and got hit by what we think is the opposing gang. The girl must be taken for a blood test to locate and identify any living relatives. May have to be put under witness protection, due to a rat located in the force, who could be involved with her Step Father's fatality." He read out, I only replied with a small thank you before cutting the call. 

I remembered to put the call on speaker, because I did not want to be explaining this again, and all my boys still sat there silently.

I'd just been informed that I had to take a blood test to confirm if I have any living relatives. And I'd soon be taken into a temporary foster care placement with an old lady. I was lucky that I covered up the bruise's arm. I walked into the room and took a seat on the medical bed. I pulled up my sleeve and looked away as the nurse brought the needle out. I squirmed before she even reached my skin, and this resulted in her letting out a small giggle.

"Dear, don't worry, It'll be quick" she assured me, but I couldn't help to still be scared.

I looked away as the needle entered my skin, I winced as she took it out and applied antiseptic to wipe off and disinfect the area. She placed a cotton bud on top and grabbed a plaster to put on top, to catch excess blood. I guess I was quite overdramatic. She had finally allowed me to go back to the room, so I could grab my essentials and be taken to my home for the night. I got in the car with the male officer as we drove off far into the distance. It took about 10 mins and we had reached a pretty small cottage, surrounded by various flowers. We pulled up into the driveway and got out of the car. I stood behind the male police officer as he knocked on the black rustic door. It was soon opened by an overly happy old lady, who would not stop grinning.

"Mrs. Ruth, a pleasure to see you again," I have a kid awaiting the relative's test, she'll be staying the night" he informed her as she nodded.

"Come on kid, let's get you settled he told me." he allowed me in front of him and walked behind me as the lady, who is known as Mrs. Ruth stood to the side. I gasped in awe, at the magnificent decor that was spread out the room. Each room in my eyesight contained its different theme.

"Hi Dear, people know me as Mrs. Ruth but you can just call me Ruth," as she grinned at me euphorically.  I smiled at her and quietly introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Brielle, but you can call me Elle Or Bri whatever you want"  I stumbled out worried I had embarrassed myself.

The male police officer whose name I was still unsure and forget was there chuckled.

"Well Brielle, I'll be seeing you tomorrow and by then we'll have the results, Sleep tight," He said as he looked at me giving me a small smile, which I happily returned."

"Bye Officer Beck," the old lady said as he waved him off before turning back to me?

"Honey, have you eaten dinner yet?" she asked concerned. I hesitated in my response but I choose to go with no, as I was feeling quite tired.

"Yeah, I did" Before I came, I responded. She indicated for me to follow her and I assumed she was showing me the room I would be staying in.  It was small, but it looked good enough for me.

She placed my hand on my shoulder," This is it, the bathroom is the door opposite and any toiletries you need are in the cabinet under the sink, my room is down the hallway and is always open if you need anything" she explained.

"Thank you" I whispered out.

"Well Goodnight, I'll see you in the morning. she looked at me as she ruffled my hair and left the room. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face and grabbed a toothbrush from underneath to brush my teeth. As soon I was done, I went into my backpack and put on some pajamas. I tucked myself into the bed and snuggled in further. I  hadn't slept in a real bed in years, so this all still felt new. I gulped some sleeping pills down so I wouldn't disturb Miss Ruth with my nightmares. I soon submerged into a deep sleep with one last yawn and my mind layed still  empty still awaiting tomorrow's arrival.

..