T W E N T Y - O N E

Dinner

Dinner

We all took our seats around the square table, I was on Dad's side, then Heather was next me then Ayden. On Dad's other side was Ariana, Grey , Luca and Leo.

The maids bought our food in today was roast dinner, it looked amazing but I knew I couldn't eat all. I started by cutting up my steak into tiny pieces, I looked around to notice everyone's eyes on their plate.

I decided to make conversation with Heather.

"Hi, I haven't seen you in so long," I commented.

"Yeah, mom was really heartbroken when Dad died so I guess she wanted a fresh start," she said I nodded my head

"I'm really sorry for not keeping contact," she apologised.

"No, no it's fine," I said.

"No, really" It's not," she said back.

"No, it's okay,"

"No it isn't,"

 We looked at eachother and giggled, even though me and Heather were shy we were polar opposites, I stayed in the shadows, she was in and out. All my brothers looked at us and we went back to eating in silence.

"How was everyone's day?" Dad asked, obviously trying to break the silence.

"Good," everyone responded with. We weren't really trying. Angelo wasn't here and I wondered why?

"Why isn't Angelo here?" I asked. 

"He's at Brea's apartment,".

"Oh,why?? I added. Luca was looking in the other direction, Leo was intensely eating his food, Grey had excused himself and Ayden was playing with his knife and fork?

"He didn't want to be here," Dad said.

"No, he did, if only you had told us earlier, maybe we wouldn't be reacting like this," Luca yelled.

He stormed out, walking to his bedroom and slammed the door shut. We were back in silence and there was only two of my brothers on the table. Leo and Ayden.

"I'm full,"Ayden murmed, not sparing us a glance and walking out.

"Me too," Leo said, following behind Ayden. What was wrong with them? I didn't know they were going to react like this, Dad must have really betrayed them.

"Maybe this was a bad idea, " Ariana said sadly.

"No, it was my fault,I should have told them earlier," I then saw one lone tear slip out of Dad's eyes.  Both my Dad and brothers were hurt.

"No, please stay," I pleaded. "They're get over it?"

"Bri, you've grown up so much, but I doubt your brothers want our presence right now." she smiled at me and got up and walked towards me. She indulged me in a hug, and I felt really happy.

"Then stay for me?" Please,".  Ariana looked unsure, but Heather looked like she wouldn't mind.

"Of course,". I was internally screaming and couldn't wait.

"Could I speak to Brielle alone?" Dad asked. Ariana and Heather both nodded and made their way out.

He turned my wheelchair so that he could kneel down infront of me.

"Thank you,".

"For what?"

"Thank you,". He pulled me into a hug and I could feel his tears slip out. He pulled away, and smiled.

"Here, I'll take you to your room," he offered. I nodded and we walked out.

 G r e y .

I saw Dad cry, he hadn't cried since when Brielle had gone missing. I guess I could see from his point of view, I guess he didn't want us to think he was replacing Marina. I just wished he told us sooner, so then things wouldn't be like this now.

I walked up to my room and decided to wait until Dad had gone to his, and apologise to both Ariana and him, though I don't think he deserves an apology. Sometimes parents make stupid decisions to protect us. I heard him close Brielle's door and waited until he walked to his room. I gained the courage to leave so I walked up the next flight of stairs and knocked on his door.

"Come in," a voice called out.

I opened the door and saw Ariana and Riccardo sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry, both of you," I said. Dad looked surprised and so did Ariana. He walked towards me.

"No, it's my fault, and I intend to fix my mistake,".

I did what he wouldn't expect and grabbed him and gave him a hug. He didn't waste time in hugging me back at first my eyes were clenched shut, I opened them and saw Ariana smiling at us. I mouthed a sorry, and she nodded. Me and Dad pulled away.

"Goodnight, son,".

"Goodnight, dad,". He ruffled my hair and I walked out, I went back down the stairs and too my room.

A n g e l o.

It was 8:00pm and me and Brea had ordered take away, I looked at my phone and it was Grey.

 Grey

Grey :Dinner was shit dude, Brielle was asking were you where and when she asked why no one answered her. I supposed she noticed the tension.

Grey :Are you gonna come back and talk to her? Man up dude, you may not like the fact Dad lied to us but don't blame it on Ariana and Heather.

Me:I know, I know, I'll come back and apologise, alright?

Grey :Good, night then bro.

Me:Night

A /N

Now I suppose my plot is getting confusing but i'll explain it briefly here.

The mum at the start of this story was a mistake, I wanted to change up the plot and didn't think to edit the first chapters. It will be done soon. And though Riccardo and Ariana met while her husband was alive they did not have a feelings for eachother it was when Ariana's husband died. And when Marina found out he had been consoling and helping another woman, she wanted her and Riccardo's relationship to be done. I'll go into to detail about how she died. And Jacob, Marina's husband didn't start abusing her when they were together it was when Mariana Died. Very confusing, I know.

Thank you for being my most interactive readers   _kari01JazzelMarianeLaguio,danibear4444