Tuesday

The following day wasn't much better. Lena was still mad at James for his complete lack of understanding. She had mannaged to forget about a project that was due first thing that morning. So now she has to stay behind and do it after school. Her morning coffee ended up all over her clothes when some little kid ran into her. But worst of all there still wasn't a flower waiting for her.

Slowly dragging her exhausted form up the stairs, after her bloody awful day. Halfway up there was a knock at her front door. Groaning Lena turned around and made her way back down the staircase. All she wanted to do was collapse on her bed an fall asleep for the rest of this cursed day.

Tearing the door open with much more forse then neaded and her sinister glare already placed on her face "What?"

"Uhmmm I've got a delivery for Lena Luthor" the poor delivery man had picked the wrong time to turn up at her household. "Thats me"

"Sign here please" with her name scribbled on the little electronic gismo "Here you go" with that the man turned and left. Lena now holding a dark red rose, and matching ribbon wrapped around it attat hed to a small envelope hanging off the end.

Shock wrighten all over Lenas face she didn't even regester the van pulling out of the driveway. Numbly Lena closed the door and slid to the floor, leaning against it, fingers shaking slightly as she tore open the envelope.

---------------

Lena,

I do apologise for not delivering this earlier. I have been looking after my sister who had been bedridden for the last few days by doctors orders while the adults have been away. I never had the strength to leave her side in fear of something happening to her.

Burgundy is of course Beauty.

Now naturally you know that you are beautiful, your fair skin verses your dark hair and somewhat dark personality, just have such a contrast against eachother, that allowes every aspect of you to stand out more vibrantly then the last.

You personality is also very beautiful. I have seen many faces of you. Your anger, frustration, sadness, happyness, afection, and pride, it all shines through so brightly. Every emotion is just so beautifully intocicating. There isnt anything I wouldn't do to see them all. To watch as your face changes with each, your beauty becoming more intence as every look turns out to b more passionate.

How I wish I had the courage to say this to your face.

---------------

Lena now sat with a small smile plastered across her face, having received the flower had made Lena's mood take a 180 degrees turn. A second wind rushing through her as she rolled the flower between her fingers.

Looking more like a person then a zombie that lugged itself up there only minutes earlier, she made her way to her room. A small part of her said it was stupid that her emotions could be swayed so simply, naturally she crushed that bart of her brain and locked it away.

A frown now appering on her face as she realised more petals had fallen, however today the sight didn't fill her with dread. Sh wasn't happy that the flowers were begining to wither away but then again who would.

Eyes flicking over the most recent one once again. Lena couldn't help but wish they had the courage to say those words to her face too.