Wednesday

Wednesday morning Lena found herself at her faverite coffee shop, watching Sam down her hot coco, one never gives Sam coffee first thing in the morning, or ever if you could avoid it. The last thirty minutes had been spent actually conversing with Sam; it was a unusual experiance that she was the one forming long sentances. "So are you going to tell me why you brought me here?"

"I don't know" Sam just stared back at Lena waiting for a reall answer "I ran out of homework."

"And thats a bad thing how?" Even to Sam that sounded like crazy talk. What person is ever bothered by not having homework?

"It is when all I can think about is James breaking up with me" her words trailing off into a low mumble, Sam's eyes widening in shock. "But what's worse is I'm not upset about it. I mean, I should be right? We were together, for almost two years now."

Sam's head slightly cocking to the side. "So your upset that your not upset?" When she says it like that Lena feels rediculous, "Is that why your crying?"

"What? I'm not crying," Lena's hand coming to rest on her cheek, only to realise there was unwanted moisture resting there. Flying out of the coffee shop away from the prying eyes of complete strangers. A couple moments later, Sam enters the passenger side, a fresh cup of coffee in her hands; one Lena gratefully accepts.

When Lena finally speaks, it is with confusion and annoyance. "I don't get it. I'm not upset about it." Sam simply nods. "So why am I crying? It dosen't make sense."

"You were together a long time. It wont bother if your not bothered about the breakup. It'll still hurt." When did Sam become so ensightfull.

They both sit in quiet for a while longer, every now and then Lena taking a sip of her coffee and wipeing away the slowing tears. Sam simply waiting for Lena to calm down knowing well enough she hated physical connections. "Thanks Sam." A smile spread across her face "Anytime! Now lets go!" Suddenly bouncing about in her seat.

It was awkward to say the least. James seemingly didn't want to be near Lena. Understandable, but he didn't stop hanging  with everyone, neither did Lena. So insted they would both be as phisically as far away from eachother as posible, while still part of their group. It seemed as though Alex and Kara hadn't been informed of their breakup. Alex being fairly unawear that anything had even changed, and Kara was constantly trying to catch Lena's eye. Like she would be able to define what was wrong simply by sight, for all Lena knows she could too. Kara did seem to have the uncanny ability to know things about her.

By the time the final bell rang Lena had never been so glad to leave the school and be away from the prying eyes of strangers.