Friday

Friday afternoon the group was going bowling. Boys versus girls. Lena had spent the last couple of days enjoying the company of her freinds again, and warming up to the idea of Kara, by now she was thinking of ways to ask her out.

Jade was thouroughly enjoying herself, not being out and spending time with her freinds had bumbed her out more then she would have thought. The loud music and seperate lanes allowed both groups some modicum of privacy; not much but a hushed conversation would not be overheard. So whenever it was Nia's turn to bowl with Alex by her side trying to instruct her, Lena would strike up a brief conversation with her other teammate.

"You know, one day you'll have to tell me how you got that rose and note in my bag that one time".

Kara's laughter ran out over the background noise, " Do I really? Cant you just leave some mystery to it all?"

"Of course I can otherwise I would be grilling you about it constantly everyday. Its just I spent all day practically staring at my bag, and you still somehow managed to get it in there" As she finnished speaking Nia came bounding back over, deleriously happy that she got a strike as Alex sent out her shot.

Kara got up to fetch a ball, passing by Lena along the way. "Okay" A grin emerged on Lena's face, excited not to get her answers, but the promise of spending more time with the other girl.

Three games later and ice cream courtecy of the loosing boys team. Lena found herself sitting at the dinner table of the Danvers house, watching Kara rumamging about in the kitchen lookig for a snack.

"You gonna tell me or do I have to be psychic now?"

Kara let out a sigh as her head popped out of the cupboard, arms layden full of ingrediants for nachos. "That day I was gonna put it in your locker again but part way through Miss Grant's class she called you up to solve a problem with her computer and Winn was in the nurses office, remember?"

Vaguely Lena could remember a few people running around trying to fix something,  "Sorta".

Roling her eyes as she finnished putting everything in a bowl and shoving it in the microwave. " When the computer completely glitched out and had the high pitch noise thingy?" Oh, that time. At Lena's nod, Kara contiued on,  "Well I put the rose in there then when you were focusing on the computer and not staring daggers into your bag" only stopping when the microwave let out a sharp ding. "Everyone else was too busy to notice any of it. Really now that I think about it I could have cartwheeled over to your bag and no one would be any wiser".

"Okay, what about the note though? Ciase I didn't see anyone the whole time at school"

A small smirk playing along her lips, "That's cause I didn't put it in there during school. Once you left the grounds your guard dropped right down. I followed you to the corner and slid it in before heading home."

Scilence selltled over the two, only the crunch of cornchips breaking the quiet. "So you didn't even put it in there at school? And how did I miss you walking up behind me?"

"How could I posibly put it in your bag at school you were watching everyone around you like a hawk, I doubt even a fly couldve gotten near you that day" a chuckle escaping Kara as Lena's face twisted into annoyance, eyes narowing into a glare as Kara's mirth subsided and she was left once again staring at Lena. "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" Kara questioned "Stare."

"Ive always stared at you. Its just now you notice, and I no longer have to hide it." Kara redirected her eyes to the bowl of nachos infront of her only for them to roam back up again.

Lena meanwhile had retreated inside her head, Kara's words for some reason giving way to a sudden epiphany. Quickly Lena said her fairwell, leaving a half eaten bowl of nachos and a completely baffled Kara Danvers as she made her way out the door.

She spent the rest of the evening ensuring that had occured to her was correct.