7

Jennie kept smelling the flowers as she walked out of her last class. Her new friends wished her a happy birthday before waving and Jennie looked around for Lisa. She couldn't keep the smile off her face as she walked towards her when she saw her. Lisa was parked in her usual spot waiting to give Jennie a ride.

Lisa spotted Jennie right away and her heart fluttered because Jennie was sporting that gummy smile she loved so much and holding the flowers she gave her. Every single one. Lisa counted them to make sure. Her heart swelled at the fact Jennie had actually gone on the scavenger hunt she made for her. She had been a little worried Jennie wouldn't listen to her notes. She grinned as she watched Jennie wave at some classmates and smell the flowers again before her eyes found Lisa and she walked towards her.

Lisa had to force herself to stop smiling so hard before she gave herself away.

"I've been replaced," Lisa teased, pointing at the flowers. "Those are prettier than mine."

Jennie pouted a bit and hid them behind her back.

"No! I like yours too, they're both so beautiful. I didn't even know I liked flowers until—" She almost said until someone gave her the first bouquet she'd ever gotten three years ago but she decided not to. She wasn't really ready for Lisa to vocalize it hadn't been her, she'd stay in her little bubble and pretend instead.—"Until someone gave me some for the very first time. I like them all though."

Jennie had gotten three sets of flowers her whole life and she could never choose which one she liked best because she honestly loved all of them.

Lisa didn't respond, she just fought the urge to smile because now she had confirmation that Jennie liked her gifts at least.

She reached out to the back of Jennie's head and gently pulled out the hair band that held her ponytail in place before grabbing Jennie's helmet.

"Sorry, Didn't want it to hurt you." She said as Jennie shook her head to let her hair down.

She grabbed the helmet and put it over Jennie's head, carefully brushing back her hair before doing so.

Jennie couldn't speak, too busy calming down the butterflies because Lisa was always so tender with her. She was never going to get over her crush at this rate.

"Do you mind if we stop by my school before I take you home?" Lisa asked.

It was on the way and Jisoo had texted her to stall a bit because the ice cream cake hadn't been delivered yet.

Lisa needed to talk to her professor anyway to make an excuse about why she skipped school the entire day. Juilliard didn't take well to students skipping their classes.

"Thats okay, I don't mind."

_______

Lisa took Jennie's helmet off for her as soon as she parked.

"I'll be right back. I'll be quick I promise, just hang tight."

Jennie had a thing for water so she told Lisa she would wait by the little steps next to the man made pond that was right next to one of the entrances to Juilliard.

Lisa smiled and nodded, she already kind of knew that's where Jennie would want to be, it was the whole reason she had parked where she parked. It was the lot closest to the water. She rushed off as quickly as she could.

_________

Jennie didn't let go of the flowers. She kept sighing in contentment as she laid back into the steps and enjoyed the sun, closing her eyes as she waited for Lisa.

She jumped in surprise when someone spoke to her.

"I guess you finally tamed your girlfriend."

Jennie opened her eyes to find the girl from the movie theater. The one that had warned her about Lisa after she had slapped her.