10

A/N

It took me entirely too long to finally edit this i'm so sorry! Got caught up with the other story lol.

__________

Lisa couldn't move or breathe or even protest after Jisoo confessed to Jennie about the notes.

Jennie sat up sharply, looking at Lisa.

"It was you?"

Lisa gulped, still avoiding Jennie's gaze.

"Lisa. Was it really you?"

Lisa's heart was hammering and she was close to sweating.

"Lisa I need you to tell me right now!" Jennie didn't mean to shout, but it was driving her crazy. She needed to know. She'd wanted to know for so long. She'd hoped it was Lisa for too long. "Answer me!"

"Yes." Lisa managed to croak out. "It was me."

A heavy silence settled in then. Jennie couldn't respond, she couldn't believe that this whole time she had been right. It had been Lisa after all. The girl she had pined for, the girl that hadn't left her brain since she met her had actually sent Jennie the flowers and the notes to the coffee shop.

Lisa rushed to explain herself when Jennie didn't say anything, she looked shocked and Lisa was sure she was seconds away from telling Lisa she never wanted to see her again.

"I'm sorry Jennie, I just—It's like the letter said. I just wanted you to smile. I wasn't going to do anything else. I won't. I'll stay away from you from now on. I wasn't trying to hit on you and make you uncomfortable, I swear."

Lisa put the box down before scrambling to get up and leave, feeling too ashamed. She practically sprinted out of Jennie's room.

"Lisa! Wait!"

Lisa didn't listen. She didn't want to hear it. She didn't want to hear the rejection from the only girl she's ever loved. The tears were stinging her own eyes now. She made it to the door, about to open it when a small hand grabbed her and pulled her back to turn her around.

Jennie was surprisingly strong for being so small because she shoved Lisa into the wall with her hand and Lisa's back hit it with a thud.

"You never came back." Jennie said as she sniffled. "Why didn't you come back?"

Lisa looked down, not being able to handle the look of hurt on her face.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't."

"Why not Lisa!" Jennie raised her voice again. "Why didn't you come back to see me? Why did you just leave after that, I thought we—I thought you—You just waltzed out and then never came back."

"I—I did Jennie."

"No you didn't! I never saw you again. You just left and then you sent me those notes and I thought I was crazy for thinking they might be from you because you never came back!"

"I came back the next day Jennie." Lisa said defeated. She was already caught anyway. Jennie would probably stop talking to her anyway now. She might as well be honest.

"Why are you lying Lis? Why do you keep lying to me?" Jennie asked as she cried again. She was too emotional because it had been Lisa but she still left and never came back and now she was trying to run away again and she still had all those stupid girls anyway so who was she kidding? This didn't change anything. This didn't change the fact that Jennie was in love with Lisa after all of those years and Lisa was over her.

"I did come back Jennie. I went back the next day. I wanted to ask you out. I was crushing on you so hard that I was going to risk it but then I saw that boy kissing you and I turned around without talking to you. I was leaving anyway. I was leaving Korea and I felt stupid for falling for a straight girl who was only just being nice to me at a coffee shop so I never went back after that. I couldn't. It hurt too much. I'm sorry Jennie.