.11.

After the people, holding them read the letters aloud, all eyes roved to others', in order to catch a reaction. The first person to speak up was Pandit. He said, "That's such a big news. Our school completed 50 years today. And look at the timing too; we received this news when we are here." Preeti spoke up, "Naina, can you believe this". She exclaimed and turned to her father. Him, knowing exactly what was going on, smiled and voiced, "I know that both of you want to go to your school, catch up with your friends and teachers. He then turned to face his Taiji and Tauji, "Bhaisahab, can they go?"

An excited Munna piped in, "Pal, we all are already ready to go out. That means even god wants us to be there." Both friends were thrilled hearing this news. However, their friend added unenthusiastically, "No, let it be."

"Anand, what are you saying?" Tauji said irritated. "What is this childishness? C'mon, get downstairs, in the car." Hearing this Naina did not reacted much whereas, Preeti whined like a child as soon as the others except the two sisters and Anand went down the stairs. Anand gestured both the girls to lean in as if to listen something confidential. He said in a slightly lower yet warm tone, "Listen, you both can go. I will handle Bhaisahab." Preeti grinned to this and Naina just looked up once more to his superhero. However, she was happy getting the permission, she did not actually wished to go.

"What are you saying? This is such a great opportunity." Pandit was surprised, his facial expressions changing in a second. Munna added dramatically, "Pandit, let it be. He will not agree." Now turning towards Sameer, he continued, "Sameer, you have changed man. You are not the Sameer Maheswari who was our friend; you are now the owner of Maheswari Industries. We do not mean much to you. It is okay, let it be." As soon as he completed his sentence, a light slap met his shoulder, which obviously was Sameer's. "See, I am coming with you but do not dare to say that you both do not mean to me. You both mean everything to me. You are my support system; you were with me in the toughest times of my life and that too with your will. Moreover, about me being changed: I will never change for my dear ones. I will never ever think to deceive you; even if that is a do or die situation for me. I will never change for someone who care and loves me; even if they choose to do so." However, the last comment rather sarcastic, they knew it was not for them. Yet, their eyes were filled with tears, tears of love.

Anand went downstairs and Preeti hugged Naina in excitement. Naina took a moment to reciprocate and hugged her back. The corners of her lips widened a little seeing the inner child still alive in her sister as Preeti was practically jumping. However, the smile faded very quickly because a thought struck her mind: what if he is there.

The thoughts running in her mind were momentary because in a minute Preeti changed faster than a bullet train and dragged her towards their footwear corner behind the door. "Naina, wear your sandals fast and move. We are short on time. The timings mentioned here says 10 am and it is half past nine already."

She looked in Preeti's eyes and asked, "Do we really need to go"? She was somewhere hoping her to understand her plight. Preeti just stared back for once and then removing her footwear said, "Come in the bedroom." Naina was confused and a little scared too because she did not knew how would her sister react. She was unpredictable sometimes. Moreover, she was the one who understood and respected her and Sameer's relationship the most and could get very sensitive regarding this matter.

Nevertheless, after giving a glance to Bela who was as confused as her, Naina headed towards their bedroom and closed the door behind her.

Okay! So that was the update for today almost after 2 months. Some interesting scenes coming ahead such as an emotional convo between naina and preeti, and of course, the school re-union. If you liked this part, vote and comment.