42.

KINNPORSCHE THE NOVEL

EP. 42: SEARCH OF TRUTH

------Porsche-----

I only sat quietly inside Pete's room until the clock struck twelve. Following the meeting, Arm went straight to Pete's room and persuaded him to get checked into the hospital. But Pete protested, assuring me that he was fine and that with just a few hours of sleep, he'd be back to his old self. We didn't believe him for a second, so when Arm had the chance, he picked up Pete on his shoulders and stuffed him inside the car.

After assisting Arm, I went straight to Kinn's room. I took a quick shower, changed into my bed clothes and wrapped myself inside the blankets. Arm said that Kinn stayed to talk to his father after the meeting, and I couldn't care less because I was too preoccupied with the thoughts of how to act towards the latter.

Clack...

The sound of the door opening made me hurriedly close my eyes. The steps were gentle, and I already felt that it was Kinn who was walking towards me.

"Porsche are you asleep?"

Kinn softly said as he gently parted the hair on my forehead.

I moved a little, and Kinn affectionately grazed his fingers along my cheeks and nose. I slowly opened my eyes, and faced Kinn with half-open ones.

"Dad said you should drink this, it'll make you feel a whole lot better."

Kinn said, holding a glass of milk in front of me.

I only stared at the drink in front me, before slowly holding a grip of the glass, and took a few sips of it. After which, I gave back the glass to Kinn.

"Today was stressful."

Kinn took the glass and placed it over the side table. He bent down, pulled me into embrace, and rested his head over my shoulders.

"Yea."

Was the only thing I muttered.

"Today's meeting about—"

Kinn was about to say to me...

"Hurry up and take a shower."

But I cut him off, and gently pushed him away from me.

"Don't you want to know?"

Kinn asked.

"You don't have to force yourself if you don't want to Kinn."

I said without batting an eye.

"I'm not forcing myself. And it's not like I don't want to tell you. It's just that, the topic was too sensitive, and dangerous. The second family bought a large amount of illegal goods under the main family's name. And it took too much attention. We'll be battling not just against the second family now, but also the outside competitors. It'll be way too dangerous, Porsche."

Kinn pressed.

"So, you think, I might ruin your plan?"

I scuffed.

"No. But I'm afraid you'd run havoc again. Do you remember the first time? You got shot, and you were lucky it wasn't that serious. But I can't see you like that again Porsche. You should just stay here with Thankhun. Kim and I can handle it."

"W-what..."

"I know you're good, excellent to be exact... But I can't let you go. You can blame me for keeping it a secret, hate me and all... But I only do that for you to be safe, and because..."