[Treinta] ESCALATION

Lucius is currently in his car, waiting for Emmanuela to finish preparing. The rain just stopped and they still have time to prepare for school. While waiting, he stares on the steering wheel, remembering some events from the past. He remembers not so vividly how he often saw his father with women. Women that are definitely not in his age.

Back then, every weekend, his sister would leave and attend a kid's photoshoot mainly about her, his older brother would take special classes in business in a young age, and by that time his mother— Adela, was managing the new branch of agency in Japan, made her a thousand kilometers away from her family for more than a year while his father— Maximo, barely showing up in his own company. Only him and his father would always be left in the mansion every weekend. The thought excites Lucius but as it went on, he's starting to hear footsteps of stilettos in the middle of the night, feminine giggles and slobbery noises through the walls.

It went on for more than a month. It was all the same. Stilettos, giggles, slobbery noises... moans, if he was not mistaken, for he himself knew nothing about it ever since as well. It became usual to him not until a sharp scream woke his soul up in the middle of the night. He remembers how he heard a slobbery sound through the walls but it was combined with a sharp and metallic slash. Lucius also heard a new sound that night, it was a screech on the floor. A skin of  person was screeched on the floor, it almost sounded like his father was dragging some... thing.

Curiosity hit him that day, he couldn't helped it. Lucius went out from his room when he heard his father open his room on the other side.

He froze when he saw what his father was dragging. It will forever haunt his mind—

"Shit!" Lucius flinched when somebody suddenly knocked on his car's window. Agad napatingin si Lucius sa bintana, he felt relieved when he saw Emmanuela's face, smiling at him.

Lucius wiped his face with his palm, as if washing off the worry on his face before he unlocks the car's door for her.

Agad naman binuksan ni Emmanuela ang pintuan sa front seat at saka pumasok. "You okay?" ang unang lumabas sa bibig ni Emmanuela nang pumasok ito sa sasakyan.

"Mukhang ang lalim ng iniisip mo eh," dagdag pa niya.

Bahagyang napangiti si Lucius. "It's nothing." He said.

"You sure?" she asked. Napatingin si Lucius sa kanya at saka napatitig. Parang nagkakarera ang isipan ni Lucius habang tinititigan si Emmanuela.

In this very moment, he wants to just give up and screw everything but he can't just let go the feeling of approval that he'll get from his father if he'll accompish this. He's been craving for his approval ever since he's young, he can't let it go to waste just for a girl.

"Are you sure about this?" Lucius asked.

Biglang kumunot ang noo ni Emmanuela. "Sure about what?"

"IME'nBN." Diretsong sagot ni Lucius. Mas lalong nagtaka si Emmanuela nang tanungin ito ni Lucius.

Bakit naman hindi ako magiging sure dito?

"Oo naman, baki—"

"Did you searched for this agency if they are safe and clean?" tanong ni Lucius, 'di man lang niya pinatapos si Emmanuela magtanong.

Mas kumunot ang noo ni Emmanuela. "Is it required to do that? Why are you suddenly bringing this up?" tanong niya.

Bahagyang natigilan si Lucius sa tinanong ng dalaga. He pursed his lips into thin line before he looks away from her then leans his back on car's seat. He pondered while Emmanuela is staring at him, utterly confused with his questions.