[Uno] NEW HOME

EMMANUELA's POV

I sighed. I'm not sure if my decision is good or nah. Hindi sa dahil college na ako ay gusto ko nang tumira sa isang bahay ng mag-isa. I just.. don't feel home in our house anymore.

I always thought that living alone is cool, not until I realized about laundries, dishes, and financial problems but despite all of that I still chose to have a house of my own. The good thing is, mom and dad bought me one.

Pfft. Not like they can refuse anyway.

Although, this is gonna be tough.

"Can I do it?" I mumbled to myself as I look up at the house.

"Arf!" I glanced at Buttercup who barked at my question as if answering it. Buttercup is my dog, a shi tzu, he's a boy, 3 months old.

I kneeled down and pat his head.

"You really believe in me, don't you?" I asked. He barked again, I smiled.

I'm already 18, a college student and college is not that hard for me, atleast. I chose the right course that falls in arts and design anyway.

Arts is like the extension of my soul. It keeps me alive.

"Ms. Emmanuela Besar?" a feminine voice called my name. I looked back and found a not-so-old lady. She looks like she's around her 40's or 50's.

"Yes, that's me." Sagot ko. Napatango naman siya at nginitian ako. I smiled back. This woman looks so cute when she smiles.

"I am Molina Pronto, the former owner of the house that your parents bought for you." Mrs. Pronto said as she lend her hand for a hand shake. I took her hand and shook it.

She's wearing an old rose shift dress. She emits the aura of a successful woman.

I let go of her hand when she starts talking again.

"So, what makes you decide on living your own?" she asked as she slides her purse bag in her arm.

I don't really like talking about this but it'll be rude if I ignore her question.

"I'm most likely an adult now so..." I pause to plaster a sweet smile on my face. "I think that I should start adjusting as one." Napatango naman siya.

"Anyway," I looked up to the house. "This is the house?" I asked. I looked at her and she nodded.

"Your parents bought it including the furnitures, I hope you'll like our things." Saad niya bago siya pumasok sa bahay. I immediately grabbed my bags and followed her inside.

"This is the living room, we have a telephone displayed right so that you could dial the electric company if ever you have  any concerns. They more responsive if you dial them with that." She said as she points at the telephone. I just sighed. I don't know how to use telephones and bakit 'yan dapat ang gagamitin? What year is it already?

I nodded as a response.

The living room is big, it has a bright red long sofa, a glass center table, a large flat screen TV, and of course the telephone on the side table. I smiled when I glanced at the furry carpet where the glass center table was placed. It's nice.

"This is the kitchen." She said as we walked in the kitchen. My mouth parted upon seeing how big the kitchen is. I'm not an expert or something but I think it's complete.

It has two large ovens, a microwave, an electric stove and a stove using gasoline. I'd definitely use the stove na connected sa gasolina ang gagamitin ko, kaysa mag electric stove ako, makakapalaki lang sa mga bayarin ko sa bahay na 'to. There's a large fridge at the end of the counter— which are porcelain gray.

"These are the materials, your mother once told me that you like baking..?" she said in an interrogative tone as she opened the closet above the counters. She is currently standing on a chair.

Napatango naman ako habang nakanganga sa mga gamit na nakikita ko. Legit, kompleto yung mga gamit nila. I never thought they would buy me this well furnished house.

The next thing she did is she guided me throughout the house. The garage, two bathrooms and bedrooms—  isa sa ibaba at isa sa itaas. She also showed me my bedroom and the guests' bedroom.

After that, hinatid ko naman siya sa labas ng bahay.

"Whenever you need me." She said as she handed me a card.

Oh, it's her phone number.

"I'll be at the mansion outside the village." She said as she pointed at the peeking high roof a bit far from here which can caught much attention from everyone in this village. Hm, this lady is indeed a successful woman. I just nodded.

"Sige po, thank you, Mrs. Pronto." I said. She nodded with a smile.

"I hope you'll like it here." Saad niya.

"I will." Ani ko and we bid goodbye.

I closed the door as soon as she shut the gate close. I leaned my back on the door and sighed. Kaya ko naman siguro ang mag-isa sa bahay na'to since feeling ko ever since I was a kid is mag-isa lang ako.

'Di ako mahal ng mga magulang ko eh.

Hindi na ako nag-aksaya ng oras at agad ko nilagay ang mga gamit ko sa tamang lalagyan. I ironed my clothes, hanged and folded it in my closet. I did a little cleaning all over the house. Then I placed Buttercup's stuff in a certain place where no one could disturb him.

I pouted as I sat on the couch, leaning my back on it as I heaved a deep sigh. Buttercup lays his head on my lap, I smiled before caressing his head. I finished my job for today, I think I deserve a reward.

*ringgggg*

Napatingin ako sa phone ko sa center table nang biglang may tumawag. It's Kyline, my bestfriend. I grabbd my phone and answered the call.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Nasa village kana ba?" she asked.

"Yeah, kanina lang. Bakit? Pupunta ka dito?" I asked at akmang tatayo na sana ako para tingnan kung meron pa bang dumi or anything. Even though matagal na kaming magkaibigan ni Kyline and she doesn't seem to care about her surroundings, it's still better to come out clean.

"No, but I heard there's a bar just outside your village." She said. My eyebrows furrowed.

Seriously?

"So?" I asked. I can feel her rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"Let's check it out tonight!" the tone of her voice is full of excitement. I just shake my head.

"At kailan pa ako may interest sa mga ganyan?" I asked with a cold tone.

"Oh c'mon, Emmanuela. Alam kong gusto mo na ding makatikim ng alcohols, and plus I know na matagal mo nang gustong ipalabas ang lahat ng sakit na nararamdaman mo."

I was biting the insides of my cheeks while listening to her. Kyline and her blunt mouth. Sometimes I just wanna punch her face. I clicked my tongue before talking.

"So what's your point?" I asked again.

"Let's get wasted tonight. Atleast kahit ngayong gabi lang malilimutan mo ang lahat ng panggagago ng ama mo at ang mga problema mo." She paused for a while.

"What do you say?" she added. I frowned as I look at Buttercup that is now looking at me with pleading eyes, as if he was telling me not to go.

I haven't tried drinking, also going at the bar. But I don't think it'll hurt to try.

I sighed.

"Fine." I said as I sighed in defeat.

"That's great! See you there!" ani niya bago pinutol ang tawag. I shake my head as I enter the bathroom.

Ah, great.

What should I wear?