[Once] ECHO

"Pa'no mo naman nasabi na we're in the same page?" I raised my eyebrow before accepting the can of soda that Tristan handed to me.

Tristan Delijino

"Because, we both hate our father." He stated before he sits on the bench beside me, looking at the view of the grass field in our University while holding the can of soda.

"What did your father ever did to you though?" I asked as I opened the can of soda and took a sip from it.

Tristan took a deep sigh before speaking..

"He killed himself."

My actions suddenly stopped by the words I heard. I slowly turn my head to Tristan. My mouth slightly gaped.

"I'm.. so sorry to hear that." Biting my lip after I speak.

"Its fine. It was 5 years ago but the memories.." He let out a sigh. "are still fresh like freshly baked muffins from the oven." Looking at the almost-setting sun, he spoke as he took a sip from his soda.

Slowly, I looked away. Nagloko man ang ama ko pero 'di ko maisip ang buhay na wala siya.

"But.. why did you hate him 'coz of that?" Malumanay kong tanong.

"He never thought of us." Deretso niyang sagot. That's some of loner would say. Pfft.

"Maybe he just went through something, its not like he never thought about your family." I reasoned out. Lahat naman tayo may pinagdadaanan, and if we talk about suicide, it is a serious matter.

"Magpapakamatay kaya siya kung inisip niya kami?" He looked at me with a smug look on his face. Sarcasm written all over his face. I pursed my lips into thin line.

"He was selfish. He didn't think about our feelings. Inuna niya ang gusto niya, at yun ay ang pagpapakamatay." Mapait ang tono ng kanyang boses ng sinabi niya 'yon. I looked down. Preventing myself to say another word, I took a sip from the soda.

"I heard a lot about you though." I shifted my gaze back at him.

"Like what exactly?" Taas kilay kong tanong.

"Like you were an intelligent student then one day bang!" He actioned like he shoots something using his fingers. "Bigla ka lang humandusay sa pinakababang rank sa isang klase." He chuckled after the sentence.

I looked away. He's not wrong.

I sip on the soda. "Sa'n mo naman nakuha ang chismis na yan?" I asked, looking at the view.

I heard him chuckle. "Totoo din pala sabi nila.." Kahit hindi ako nakatingin sa kanya, I can feel his eyes staring at my face.

"Ang manhid mo daw." Stiffed, my eyes remained staring at the view.

"I think they're not wrong. How could you not hear these rumors about you? Like.." I heard him laugh. "Its all over the campus, how come you did not noticed it? Bulag-bulagan lang o bingi-bingian?" He added.

So my situation is all over the campus? Pfft. I wonder who's the nauseating giraffe that spreads that shit.

I gripped on the can of soda before drinking it straight.

"I don't care about them. Hayaan mo sila." Coldly, I speak.

"Its your image we're talking about here. If magpapatuloy silang ganyan then too bad for you, magwasak wasak ang reputasyon mo." Ani nito. I just rolled my eyes. This topic is getting into my nerves.

"Why do you care anyway?"

Sa hindi ko din kagustuhang mairita ngayon, I grabbed my bag and turned my back at him then I walk away.

"I kinda care though." I stopped on ny tracks when I heard him talk.

"You're quite interesting. Let's hangout sometime." I just rolled my eyes. Without saying bye to him, I continue to walk away. I can feel him following me with his gaze. Pero nawala rin nang pumasok ako sa building.

Who is he anyway? Pfft. Interesting, my ass. Porkchop niya. Tsk.

As I walk on the hallway, several students that were left in there to do something; stares at me. I can feel their judging eyes staring, judging me silently 'till I heard their soft gossips.

I heave a sigh.

It's okay, Emmanuela.

Don't listen to them.

It's alright,

it's alright..

it's alright..

"Oh-- Ms. Besar, careful." I hissed as I came back to my senses when I bumped on somebody. I looked up and saw..

"S-Sir Marco.." I blinked as I stare at his face. I bit my lower lip as I look down on the floor.

==

Seeing his student walked with her head down and her hands on her ears, he looks at the people on the hallway, giving Emmanuela a judging look. He raises his eyebrows at them.

"Stop with that look, students." Saad ng guro na may maotoridad na tono ang kanyang boses. Agad niya hinila sa loob ng isang tahimik at walang kataong-tao na classroom si Emmanuela.

"Sit down." He motioned. With no hesitations and questions, she sat down on the desk in the front row.

With her mouth close and her eyes locked on his face, she stares at him. Examining his feautures as he flip the pages of the book he uses during class. The fan turns its head at him causing Emmanuela to subconsciously smell his manly but cold scent.

She bit her lip.

"Here, Ms. Besar." He gives the book to Emmanuela and the white board pen before turning his back at her as he starts writing on the white board about the lesson.

Instead of focusing on the things that Mr. Marco is writing on the board, her eyes are locked on his bottom.

Kumukurap ang mga mata niya habang nagdadalawang isip kung mas pagtuunan ba niya ng pansin ng pwet ng guro o ang leksyon.

She shut her eyes close as she mentally scold herself. She then opened her eyes and starts listening to the teacher's lecture.

This is gonna be a long session