6

Lady Danbury had this odd fascination with matchmaking

Lady Danbury had this odd fascination with matchmaking. Rosemary had no intention of leaving her country home for the new season. But Brynlee and Kaden's cousin Apsen was coming to the ton for her debut. Aspen was like a newly born foal, scared and nervous, so she reached out to Brynlee for assistance. Which then led her to come back for another season, being sponsored by none other than Lady Danbury. Who was also sponsoring the Sharma sister's with their mother.

Brynlee was rather excited to go for the most part. She was not thrilled with the idea of all the balls and dresses again. But she was thrilled at the idea of seeing friends. Brynlee kept in contact with Penelope Featherington, Eloise & Daphne Bridgerton, and Kathani Sharma since she had departed from the last season. And Brynlee was so glad to hear that Kate would be there with Edwina.

Brynlee sat on a lounge with a book on her lap. She glanced up momentarily when her cousin Aspen came in with Edwina, the pair had practically latched onto one another since meeting. They had a Whistledown paper and were giggling with each other. "What is so interesting?"

Edwina just smiled over at Brynlee as she started to read off what was written in the scandal sheet. Aspen looked so invested as she stared at the paper. A twinkle in her bright blue eyes. She then glanced up at her cousin's face, only to be clearly amused, "Ah, yes, I assume the rake in question is Lord Bridgerton, then?"

Edwina giggled when she saw how Brynlee just scowled, "I do believe you are correct, Aspen."

"Why are you two so amused by this?"

"I personally love the look of disapproval."

Edwina covered her mouth to stop the laugh but it was still clearly audible, "I think I agree with you."

Mary Sharma walked into the room and looked around at them all, "Have any of you seen Kate?"

Almost immediately, Aspen and Edwina looked over at Brynlee who had shut her book. She swung her legs off of the lounge and stood up, "I am not quite sure."

"Brynlee Dormer-"

"What?" Brynlee asked back innocently as she got up to stand between Edwina and Aspen. She just sighed, "I shall go fetch her then? Hm? Would that be alright with everyone?"

Brynlee should not have been surprised by Kate not being in the building. She was rather the same most of the time. She smiled as she passed by Kate's room. She clicked her tongue and watched as Newton ran over to her. She knelt down and picked him up in her arms. Kate had given Brynlee Newton as a birthday present the previous year and she loved this absolutely adorable corgi. Brynlee made it very clear that Kate and herself were co-parents to Newton. She gave him head pats before setting him back down.

She grabbed her hooded cape before heading toward the stables. Brynlee had gotten on her horse before riding out in search of Kate. She loved to ride as well and since there was a horse missing from the stables, Brynlee could only assume that she was out as well.