22

Kate had come to Brynlee and pleaded, "Please, I-"

"Were you planning on using my brother?" Brynlee had heard of the events from the night prior. The dinner she had missed had been filled with quite a bit of information. "Why must I hear this from his mouth and not yours? I thought we were friends, Kate."

"We are."

"Then why?"

"I-My intentions were-Please, allow me to converse and explain myself to you now." Kate pleaded as she stepped in front of Brynlee so she was unable to walk away. "Please... if our friendship meant anything... I beg of you."

"Heavens, Kathani, do not beg..." She whispered, "Alright. Shall we speak over some sandwiches and tea?"

"Anything as long as you and I are able to talk."

Brynlee listened to Kate explain her situation and the situation of her family. There was something tragic about the Sharma family's situation in regards to Mary Sharma's terrible parents. And she was rather glad to hear that her little brother had stood up for them. It seemed that her brother seemed to be very serious in his courting of Edwina.

"I do understand if-"

"Does my brother still plan on courting your sister?"

Kate seemed bewildered by Brynlee's calm demeanor. She had expected her friend to explode in a fit of rage, but instead, she seemed more interested in the actions moving forward. "I believe his intentions are still true."

"Then the matter is settled."

"Do you have nothing else to say?"

Brynlee exhaled deeply and sank further in her seat, "If my brother is to be head of the Dormer household, then I best allow him to handle situations. I assume you explained yourself to my brother as well and if he wishes to continue then who am I to stop him."

"I do express my deepest apologies for... for keeping this from you and your family." Kate whispered.

"I accept your apology." Brynlee checked the time before she got up from her seat, "I must attend a ceremony for my wedding."

"Of course-" Kate stood up next, "I hope this hasn't ruined our friendship."

"I... I understand your situation. Despite being upset I do not want to lose our friendship so as long as my brother and mother seem to be in forgiveness, then I shall be as well."

"Thank you, Brynlee."

It was hard to hear that her friend had kept something from her like this. Especially since it almost felt as though she was using their friendship in some way. Brynlee sighed out as she sat alone in her room for the longest time. She knew that eventually her mother would come fetch her. Looking at herself in the mirror, she slowly pulled her hair out of its intricate updo.