Meltdown

PROOF READ

9000 BC

A rumble shook the village, all heads turned to the large ice wall that glistened in the sun, Atlas whistled to get the attention of his younger sisters, the three girls ran to him standing behind him and holding his animal skin clothes, his mother soon joined them holding her children shoulders. Gasps echoed around the village as a large crack formed down the centre of the ice, more cracks began to expand across the wall, the giant structure creaking.

Suddenly, silence... the village watched as flocks of birds flew overhead, the animals around them suddenly became agitated and sprinted in the opposite direction of the wall. People began to run and scream as the wall splintered, a great wave of water heading towards them. Atlas grabbed his siblings, following their mother as she ran. The family of five was thrown forwards as the wave hit them, submerging them in icy blue water.

From a ridge above them stood a beautiful woman, eyes a crimson red, she watched the boy as he carried two girls

From a ridge above them stood a beautiful woman, eyes a crimson red, she watched the boy as he carried two girls. She watched as he was hit by the wave. And she watched as he washed up on the shore, the  three girls dead beside him and a woman crawled over to the three.

The red-eyed woman leaped from the cliff, landing softly beside the family, she watched the the woman look up to her, brown eyes meeting red, "please... save him", tears fell from the mothers face, "I'll do anything", without hesitation the red-eyed woman bit into the begging woman's neck and sucked the blood from her body. With her last breath, the mother whispered two words, "thank you".

The blood sucker turned to the boy, she turned his head to the side, looking at his sharp features and deep brown eyes. She leaned down, biting down on the teens neck, pumping her venom into him, she then picked his body up and dashed into the nearby mountain range.

 She leaned down, biting down on the teens neck, pumping her venom into him, she then picked his body up and dashed into the nearby mountain range

Images flashed through Atlas' mind, his sisters, his mother, the village he grew up in, the last moments with his father. His eyes the snapped open, the boy quickly squinted though due to the morning light that lit the cave, "good morning, little one", he looked over to see a beautiful woman with startling eyes, "wow, I thought I had nice eyes, but yours are something else", she stepped closer to him, "my name is Andromeda"