Breaking Dawn - My Family

2021 Forks, Washington

Atlas led Jasper, Emmett, Sasha and Alice down to his basement room, where Bree had been since Bella's arrival and sat down beside the girl, "is Bella okay?", all eyes went to the young vampire, uncertain of how to answer her.

Atlas gently squeezed her shoulder with a soft smile, "she'll be fine, Carlisle is up there with her now and he's the smartest person I know", Bree nodded and rested against Atlas, as everyone else tuned into the random movie playing from the large TV.

Jasper curled himself around his husband, clinging onto the calm emotion that Atlas radiated, trying to ignore the fact that Bella was upstairs drinking human blood- one of his biggest cravings, the feeling of Atlas' fingers running through his golden tresses made him realise that blood wasn't his biggest craving... Atlas was.

Bella's due date was arriving, quickly, and the blood she had been feeding on had finally run out, only one bag left which Jacob had just set down between himself, Carlisle, Esme and Atlas, "so that's the last of it?", Carlisle spoke up, his voice...

Bella's due date was arriving, quickly, and the blood she had been feeding on had finally run out, only one bag left which Jacob had just set down between himself, Carlisle, Esme and Atlas, "so that's the last of it?", Carlisle spoke up, his voice soft and calming.

"Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow. If she's going to have any chance at all, she'll need more blood"

Esme shot a look at her husband, "and you need to feed", she then grabbed Atlas' hand, "both of you need to be at your strongest for Bella"

Atlas looked to Jacob, "we need to hunt, tonight", Jacob looked him in the eyes.

"Atlas, you're the enemy now. Sam won't hesitate. You will be slaughtered"

Atlas stepped up, "no we won't. I'll be going, and Emmett, Jasper and Sasha will stay here to guard the house", he then rounded the table, "Jacob, if we don't go tonight, the chances of loosing Bella skyrocket"

Jacob scoffed, "a year ago you wanted her dead... what's changed?", Atlas didn't break the eye contact.

"Everything changed, and a friend of mine would tear me limb from limb if I allowed a child to be killed. This is my family, Bella is apart of it"

Jacob glared at the wall, "yeah, I can see that", he then looked back to the oldest vampire, "this really is a family... as strong as the one I was born into", his eyes drifted to the window as they filled with melancholy, "I know what I have to do"

 as strong as the one I was born into", his eyes drifted to the window as they filled with melancholy, "I know what I have to do"