Chapter 8: Dreams, Duels and Dances

Chapter 8: Nessa's POV*

I was running in the forest, from what I had no idea. I didn't know what was happening where I was why I was running but something in me made me keep going telling me not to stop cause if I do something would happen.

I saw a clearing up ahead and pushed my self to go harder, I could feel what ever I was running from catching up to me.

I reached the clearing but stopped quickly seeing that it ended and became a cliff. I stopped at the edge looking down seeing some of the ground crumble at my feet. I backed up from the edge a little then stopped as my back hit something. And unfortunately for me that something was breathing heavily like it had just been running.

I could sense the darkness coming off him and it was so strong It was choking me. I turned around and faced the creature who'd been chasing me. All I had seen was a tall figure dressed in a black cloak with a hood that had covered it's face so I could not see it. It started moving towards me inching closer slowly and by instinct I moved back.

Soon I had gotten so far back that could feel the end of the clearance where the cliff began. I couldn't move any further back and the hooded figure soon caught up with me, getting so close I could feel their breath on my face.

I was as far back on the cliff as I could be, I wanted to put as much distance between us as I could but he just kept moving closer. Once I was as far back as I could go without falling and they as close to me without touching me. It cut my arm with the dagger it had pulled from it's cloak, then raised it's hand and gently pushed my shoulder which due to my current position caused me to fall off the cliff.

I fell down screaming arms flaring around hoping to grab on something but there was nothing there and soon I was engulfed into darkness the last thing I see being the hooded figure watching me fall.

________________

I woke up gasping and sweating I looked Around seeing that I was in my bedroom. It was only a dream but it felt so real. I got sat up and turned my body so that my legs were dangling over the side of the bed.

I was bout to get up when I felt something going down my arm. I looked at my left arm to see it bleeding. The cut being in the exact same place as it was in my dream. What the hell was going on!? I can't get physically hurt in my dreams it's not normal, so what was going on?

I got out of bed and had a showing hoping that it would help me think.

After my shower I got changed into my armour deciding that I would train today so if they notice the cut I can always say I got it while training, plus it's also been a while since I had last trained and I need to work on my fighting skills.

__________________

I walked into The training room and decided to practice using my sword so for about half an hour I practiced my fighting techniques on the dummies used for training. I had just sliced of the head on one when I some clap slow and mockingly by the door.

I turned around to see Huld looking at me a smirk on her face. "Impressive." She says but I knew there was more so I said nothing. "But not as impressive as what I can do." She said ad to prove her point she took a sword from the barrel, jump in the air towards one of the dummies in the back and spun in whilst she was in the air slicing the dummies in half before landing in a crouched position and turning to face me.

"Not bad." I started walking towards her whilst. "But that's a stationary object let's see how you fight with something that moves." My eyes were full of mischief, I gripped my sword harder straightening my posture we had started circling each other. Never taking our eyes of the other. "Alright but don't blame me when your rushed to the healing room." She said smirking before her face turned cold, lunging at me.