Chapter 11: Learning the truth has it's ups and downs

Chapter 11: Nessa's POV*

The meeting in Odin's study had finished and I was on my way to the library. I hadn't found much information last night it was more of a finding out where everything was again session. But I was sure that I'd figure out what's going on.

I entered the library and climbed the stairs to the section I thought should have what I'm looking for. "Creatures of the realms" Was what it was called. It was full of different books about the nine realms what beings live on them, any beings that didn't live on them. Like the Chitari for example, they were not of Asgard or any realm known but we know plenty about them. These books were full of information like that.

Yesterday when I had came here I had laid out several books that I thought may have information about the PLO figure. I made sure that no one would touch them so they were in the exact same spot I had left them yesterday. Some were opened others closed some were on the couch others lay upon the floor.

I took a few more books that I thought might be useful and got to work looking for anything that might help us.

_________________

One hour and 30 books later I still hadn't found anything. I frustratedly shut the book shut, sighing I sink back further into my seat. There was nothing even remotely similar to him in these books. I decided that I'd had one more quick look through the shelves of books, hoping that I may be able find to something.

I ran my fingers across rows of books stacked up neatly next to each other. I stopped only every so often to pick up a book and have a quick flick through the pages but I had still found nothing. I let my hand fall from the shelves and sighed, it was obvious that I wasn't going to get any information here. I was about to walkaway when something caught my eye.

Something golden shined from one of the bottom shelves. I kept walking to the right until I reached the end of the section I was looking through. I bent down and pulled out a book It was brown leather with, a leather and gold buckle keeping it closed. It looked worn out and old and it was covered in layers of dust.

I blew off the dust and coughed slightly when I breathed it in. I took offs the rest of the dust with my hand an looked at the title 'Creatures and beings of the Nine Realms' I opened and read through the contents page. There was a chapter on dark creatures so I looked there.

I flicked through the book for about five minutes seeing many different dark creatures, the Dark Elves and Chitari included, until I saw something of use. There were two page of information about a man in cloak, he looked the same as the man who has been after me so I read it.

'Name: Stigr

Place of Origin: Unknown

Species: Unkown'

Well that's strange, I thought to myself.

'Stigr is a dark creature that wonders the nine realms seeking ways to cause death and destruction. Stigr's hight can change but he always wears the same black cloak which is his symbol off darkness.

Stigr can wield dark magic and likes to use that magic to connect with people in their dreams. These people are usually his victims or his minions, in these dreams

Stigr can materialise everything so that whatever has happened to you in those dreams can very well happen to you in real life. He often likes to use this as a way to kill his victims so often people assume they had died in their sleep.'

I was speechless after I read that. He likes to kill them in their dreams!? I thought, this is unfair what if he tries to kill me there's no way I can control it I'll be dead in my dreams without getting a chance to fight!