Chapter 15: Good against Evil

Chapter 15: Nessa's POV*

It's been a week since Stigr captured me and locked me in my cell and Odin and Thor still hadn't come for me. 'Maybe Loki told them I ran away or was dead' I thought, I had been thinking about this l day, why I hadn't been rescued yet and am still stuck in this prison. The main door creaked open as loud, heavy footsteps grew louder whilst they came towards my cell.

"It's time Nessa." Stigr said evilly with a teasing voice. I didn't respond, which Stigr took grate satisfaction in. I was to weak to respond anyway and didn't trust my voice in fear that it might crack which would only please Stigr more.

The tortures have been brutal, hammers, swords, whips every weapon known to Asgardians really has been used on me. I had been starved only getting a cup of water and small piece of bread on my fourth day. Probably so I wouldn't die before they wanted me to.

Stigr opened my cell door an walked in he grabbed me by my arm tightly. He dragged me outside I stopped walking momentarily and squinted at the sudden burst off light, it was very different from my usual dark cell. Stigr roughly pulled me forward almost making me fall. The beatings had taken it's toll on me. I was weak and could barely even walk straight, or walk at all for that matter.

I was pushed into a cage being pulled by a horse. The cage had walls instead of bars so that I could not see the outside world and the outside world couldn't see me. There was a tiny window with bars on it, on the door of the cage, allowing me to get those last few rays of sunlight before Stigr would kill me off. I was always more of a dark person the sun sometime would irritated my eyes and it's warmth I didn't always favour. But after going a week without any type warmth or light, I was glad to have these few rays to warm my skin and light this dark cage.

I watched the light in my cage slowly dim and the rays of warmth fade as we traveled to my end. It took us all day and by the time we had stopped it was pitch black outside except for the torch Stigr was holding. He opened the cage door and practically dragged me out of the cage and onto the road.

I looked at my surroundings, we were in the woods, again. 'Why does everything bad happen in the woods I like the woods' I thought. Stigr gripped my upper arm firmly and quickly walked through the woods with me semi-stumbling along. It was towards the end of our walk that I started to pay real attention to our surroundings.

I thought I recognised were we were and an uneasy feeling started in the pit of my stomach. My thoughts were confirmed when we stepped out of the trees and onto a small clearing, neighboured by a deep cliff with the ocean swirling at it's feet. When I realised what was going on I started to struggle in his grip. Kicking and thrashing wildly in attempts to get away from there.

"Ah... I see you know where we are." Stigr said tightening his grip around me so that I wouldn't escape. "I must say that this....this is probably my favourite place in all the realms i've seen." He started slowly inching closer towards the edge of the cliff, making me struggle even more in his grip. But my attempts were useless for I could not free myself of his grip.

As we inches closer and closer towards the cliff I started losing any hope I had left of being saved, I was going to die here and there was no doubt about it. So once we came to the edge I just stood still, it was pointless to even try escaping. Stigr was stronger than me and even if I did what then? I would blindly wonder the woods walking weakly until I found civilisation, no I would surely die of have Stigr hunt me down before I even came close to some form of Asgardian life.

"You see...." Stigr started whispering in my ear, his breath tickling my cheek."Now that you know, it will make this all the more satisfying." He started to push me just that little bit forward, my toes were now hanging over the edge. I started to brace myself for the fall but it never came. Infect I didn't even get the chance to move the slightest bit forward when I heared I booming voice.

"Release my sister or face the consequences!" Said the voice, who I recognised to be Thor's. I let out a shaky breath of relief. But it was short lived when Stigr pulled out a knife and turned me around wrapping his arm around my neck, putting the knife against it.

"Move one step closer and I'll I slit her throat." Stigr threatened. I just stood there weakly waiting for it to end. I casually waved hi to Thor and Odin, but deliberately avoided Loki's gaze. 'What is he doing here, shouldn't they have locked him up?' I thought. They had brought a hand full of soldiers with them but I was guessing that they had the area surrounded so that if he ran, he wouldn't get very far.

They all stopped in there tracks, but made no move to back away. Instead Loki spoke, "You wouldn't do that Stigr," he began, "You too desperately want to end Nessa's life in a more significant way, a way that your loved one will cherish you more for." Stigr squirmed slightly still holding the knife against my throat.

"But of course that's not what you really want, you just want to be king don't you?" He continued. "You want to rule Asgard, no you want to rule the Nine Realms well, been there done that and I didn't succeed so what makes you think you will?" I could see what he was doing there, he was trying to provoke Stigr and get him angry so that he would let go off me and go after him.

Obviously he'd get no where near Loki but either way it was risky, more so for me than for him. "What makes you think that you can achieve something that even a god couldn't? You are no god, I don't even know what you are. You are simply a being who wonders the nine realm looking for a sense of belonging." Stigr was really pissed now and was tightening his grip even harder.

"You're just a waste of space who thinks you can do what ever you want without consequences well newsflash, that's not how it-" Stigr cut him off but didn't go after him instead he did something worse, he went after me.

He removed the knife and threw me over the cliff seeing how we were still standing close to it. My breathe was caught and I froze, I didn't scream or wave my arms around frantically. If I was just a little bit stronger I would have been able to manipulate the air or the water to raise me back up, but I couldn't and I realised this was what all the torture was for. To weaken me so that I wouldn't be able to save myself.

A loud scream brought me out of my thoughts and I realise it was Odin and Thor calling my name. I looked back up just in time to see Loki's spear go straight through Stigr's chest and be pulled out before I was surrounded by water. I tried to swim to the surface my limbs were to weak. As the lack of air started to take it's toll on me I found myself shutting my eyes as the darkness came over me.

It was peaceful dying like this, no torture or nothing just simply gently falling asleep until your body shuts down seems that not everything has a happy ending

************************

Hey guys,

What!? Nessa no come back! Yes she did fall of the cliff, sorry. This is the second last chapter in TSLNO don't hate me for it. The next chapter will be in Loki's POV*.

No dedication sorry guys. But I hope that this was updated early enough I know that my last one took me ages, like 2 whole weeks.

Anyway comment your thoughts and opinions bellow, especially on this chapter and what you think about what just happened.

Also please don't just stop reading now I am going to have 1 more chapter then an Epilogue which you all must read and by must I mean MUST it is very important that you do so when it's up.

And I'm changing Nessa's eye colour it will now be blue because royal blue is her colour, I hadn't really known what her colour would be when I wrote that chapter so I just said chocolate brown or what ever. I will be changing that on the actuall chapter too though.

Vote

Comment

Fan

Bye guys -K