Chapter 12: A walk in the woods

Chapter 12: Nessa's POV*

Ever since I told Odin about Stigr in the throne room he's had guards following me around like a shadow, only one step behind me. But that five days ago now it was Friday and I was going to be able to get out of the palace today. During the past five days Loki had been hanging out with me a lot.

He knows how I feel because he's under house arrest but I have it even worse than him. Loki can walk in the courtyard and the gardens but he cannot pass the gates, I'm not even a loud to exit doors! It was very unfair but it was somewhat necessary. Loki has been helping me sneak past the guards to go to the gardens and walk around.

I've really enjoyed his company and we've grown closer during the past 5 days. But today he said we were going to brake out of the palace and walk in the Market. I was so excited 'I can finally get out of this darned palace' I thought to myself.

I had gotten ready wearing my armour and a cloak so I wouldn't be recognised while we were walking. I heard a knock at the door "Come in." I said, I knew it was Loki because nobody else had been coming up to talk to me.

"You ready to go?" He asked walking in but staying close to the door. A friendly smile was on his face, but he looked sort of nervous. Odd. "Yes we can leave now if your ready." I responded. He nodded before walking out me following not far behind. We walked through the halls ,avoiding all the guards, and managed to sneak out of the palace gates and quickly made our way towards the town.

________________

We had arrived at the town and were just walking around visiting a few stalls buying food mostly since we both skipped breakfast and then it was time for lunch. It was late after noon then we had spent all day at the Market and I was sure that Odin would be having a fit right now.

Loki looked nervous, like he wanted to say something but didn't. I decided to leave it alone not wanting to bring it up. "So... Uh do you want to take a walk in the woods?" he asked stuttering slightly. I nodded enthusiastically, I hadn't been to the woods in years, not since I was last here, and I missed it. "Yeah I haven't been in the forest since I before I left." I said, Loki gave me a quick smile before we walking in the direction of the forest.

We walked in the woods for about half an hour and it was starting to get dark. We had walked in silence the entire time by it wasn't awkward, more of a comfortable silence just enjoying the moment. But Loki had broke that silence, "I know of a lake not far from her, about fifteen minutes, it's a great spot to just sit down and relax at." he smiled hopefully. "Yeah sure." I replied "Alright follow me."

He lead me through the forest towards the lake, the walk only took about ten minutes because he was walking fast, eager to get there. When we got there I straight away got the feeling that we weren't alone I became slightly worried because of descent events. Then I heard rustling which maid me even more worried. "Loki did you hear that?" I asked him but he didn't answer, he didn't even look at me he just stood still staring straight ahead.

"Loki....?" I asked worried but he still didn't respond. Then a cloaked figure emerged from the bushes. Stigr. "What do you want Stigr?" I said harshly. "Ah so you've figured out who I am, that may just make this even more fun." he said smiling slyly at me. "And Loki you came through! Thank you for delivering her to me, I was afraid I'd have to torture the favour out of you." I was shocked for a moment and gasped, staring wide eyed at Loki, Stigr couldn't meant what I thought he meant could he?

"Deliver?" I asked confused and this time Loki actually turned to look at me. His eyes were the darkest shade off green filled with sorrow and regret. "I-I........ I'm so sorry Nessa." He said looking as if he was about to cry. I couldn't believe it, he sold me out! He actually took me to Stigr to hand me over. What person does that!?

"Oh my.... I-I can't believe you!" I screamed at him. He looked even sadder at my reaction. "Nessa you don't understand, I had no choice." He pleaded reaching out to touch my arm in a comforting matter, but I slapped it away. "You had no choice? Everybody had a choice Loki, no matter what Stigr was threatening to do you could have said no!" I shouted I was outraged and disgusted by his actions. But one question had been playing on my mind.

My voice had become a lot softer as I started to feel like I was going to cry. "Why?" I asked tears brimming my eyes threatening to spill but I would not cry. Not in front of Stigr or Loki. "Because he wanted to become king." Stigr, who was watching quietly, decided to fill in. I was shocked and confused by his answer and it must of shown on my face because he smirked before explaining. "I need you dead but saw that it wasn't going to be easy so, I contacted Loki and made a deal if he delivered you to me.... Then I would make him king." He had an evil manipulating look on his face that sent shivers down my spine.

I looked at Loki shocked and horrified. "How could you Loki? You will be an terrible king if selling people off is your way of getting what you want." I said stepping away from him. He looked at me apologetically, "Nessa I am so, so sorry but I had no other it was either-" he started pleading but I cut him off. "Me or you? Yeah I know, I've got that! How could you be so selfish as to give away someone and lead them to there death to become king!?" I was so angry at him I just couldn't hold it in.

I had opened my mouth to start speaking again but Stigr beat me to it. "But he did not know it was you," he started, this had caught my attention. "Well then who did he think it was?" I asked, I wouldn't have been surprised if Stigr tricked him into thinking it was someone else. "No one." He replied simply making me confused. "What do you mean no one?" He sighed before elaborating, "I didn't tell him it was you, I didn't say it was anyone I just said that I needed him to deliver someone to me?"

I turned towards Loki, I was pretty sure that Stigr was just trying to get me angry at Loki and usually I wouldn't have given a reaction but this made me almost sick to my stomach. "You son of a bitch!" I cried, yes I had picked up on swearing while in Midgard and yes I knew he knew what it meant but I didn't care. Instead I lunged at him ready to tackle him to the ground but, it never happened.

Just as I was about 3 metres away from him I got a searing pain in my skull, it wasn't as bad in the began but then... It got A LOT worse. It felt like someone had both their hands at the side of my head and were pushing with all their strength trying to crack my skull open. I fell to my knees clutching my head, screaming in pain. I was surprised I could here anyone talk in my state but I could.

"Well," Stigr began, walking towards me. "As much fun as this has been I think we better get going now don't you Nessa?" he said tapping my shoulder. I turned my head and gave him the dirtiest look I could achieve. Which probably looked really weird 'cause I was in pain. But he just smiled at me. Before gripping my shoulder hard, I could feel dark making start to flow in me and I knew that e was taking me away. I looked up at Loki with sad eyes and he looked at me the same but, he didn't do anything he just watched as my figure started to fade away in swirls of back.

__________________

When we arrived to where Stigr wanted to take me he grabbed me by my hair and threw me across the room. My head hit the wall With a sickening crack. I moaned 'Gosh that hurt!' I thought, no way was I going to give Stigr the satisfaction of knowing he had caused me pain.

"This is going to be the worst week of your life. As well as the LAST week of your." he said smiling evilly at me. I flinched slightly, I didn't want to end like this. But I seemed to have no choice on the matter. "Now time to sleep," he said before bashing my head into the wall, My eyes fluttered before closing as I let the darkness ingulf me and passed out.

*******************

Hey guys,

I know, I know you probably hate me right now but I had to, plus you may or may not hate me more in the chapters to come your choice.

No dedications sorry.

Don't forget to comment your thoughts on the book.

Vote

Comment

Fan

By guys -K