Chapter 13: Making plans

Chapter 13: Loki's POV*

I couldn't believe I just did that. HOW could I do that? I was still walking through the woods and was so angry with myself that I punched a tree, leaving a nasty dent in the wood. I hadn't realised how quickly it had taken for me to get to the palace because when I had finally stopped grumbling under my breath, I looked up to see the golden gates of the palace towering over me. I thought about what would happen when I returned without Nessa and then having to tell them what happened. I thought about all the consequences I'd have to face for it, then I remembered Thor.

Thor and Nessa had grown close in the time Thor had known of her which, meant that when he found out what has happened to Nessa he be really angry. Probably even more so than he was on his coronation when the Jötuns tried to take the casket and that he was so enraged he almost started a war. I didn't even want to imagine how mad he would be this time.... not to mention that I caused this as well and the Jötun incident. Yeah, I was dead.

I walked through the palace doors and as soon as I had entered the throne room Thor had grabbed me by my amour and pinned me to the wall. "Where is she?" He growled, every word said with full force of his deep voice. He was somewhat used to me taking Nessa out of the palace but never out of the palace walls and NEVER for the whole day and I could see it in his eyes that he was furious about this. Well for him it was about to get a hole lot worse.

"I-I don't know." I said, honestly I didn't Stigr never told me where he was going to take her and I never asked. "What do you mean you don't know!?" He bellowed, tightening his grip on my armour. He looked me straight in the eyes and waited for me to explain. Normally I would've lied and said that I was knocked out and she was taken or something but, for some reason something was urging me to tell the truth, which was really strange, so I did.

"I.... I made a deal with Stigr that if I delivered someone to him in the woods he'd make me king and not until recently I hadn't known that it was Nessa." Thor's face saddened as he put the pieces together, guessing what we had been doing out today. "That's why we went walking, so I could take her to the woods and do the job." I hung my head in shame. What I did was low, even for me, and I was waiting for Thor or Odin to go off at me, knowing Thor even punch me. But when nothing happened I looked up.

Thor had let go of my armour and was slowly taking steps back from me a look of horror present on his face. His mouth was opened and moving slightly but he was too distraught to speak. Instead his face turned cold in an instant and he walked off towards the palace gates. I exchanged worries looks with Odin who, got up and ran after Thor, me following no far behind.

"Thor! THOR!" Odin called but he was unresponsive and continued running towards the palace gates. He managed to reach the court yard before Odin caught up to him and grabbed his shoulder turning him to face him. "Thor you cannot go to look for Nessa." He said, his voice calm even though it was more of a command than a suggestion.

"But farther I must I cannot leave my sister in the hands of a killer I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened that I had the power to stop!" He looked Odin in the eyes completely forgetting about my presence. "Please farther wouldn't you want to bring her back? Don't you miss your daughter as much as I'd miss my sister? You have to let me do this." He pleaded tears brimming his eyes.

Odin thought about this for a moment, looking at the ground, adding up the factors what could go wrong, what they were to do and how. He looked back up at Thor and gave the much anticipated answer Thor had been waiting for. Even I was curious as to what he was going to say. He was a wise king as much as I hated to say it and would always think his plans thoroughly through before carrying them out. Usually giving him the best possible outcome.