one

laughs and music filled the room with flashing lights and microphones echoing. minho sat quietly in the corner, clapping his hands to the beat and dancing slightly to the music. he laughed loudly as his friends screamed the lyrics to their favorite songs and danced with no regret.

"come on, min!" hyunjin laughed, the microphone now pointing at minho. he took his hand, standing up to dance with the two of them.

"i want to thank our driver for the night, lee minho! without you, we'd be crying on the cold street because we don't have a money for an uber after this!" felix slurred his words in a show host voice clearly showing he was drunk.

despite being in high school, felix knew too many people to be able to get away with too many things. the reason they were able to score a karaoke room with alcohol was all thanks to felix. they never missed an opportunity to have fun.

minho was led to the front of the karaoke room where his friends were dancing and reading the lyrics. felix held minhos hands as hyunjin began to take over the song; felix was hyping him up as he danced lively.

"i love you so much minho! you're such an amazing friend." felix yelled over the music. minho laughed, only thanking him as he didn't know what else to say.

it wasn't unusual for the three friends to go out only for the them to get drunk, except minho.

felix pointed the mic towards minhos mouth, insisting he sang as well. although minho seemed like the shy type, he got used to being loud and annoying with his close friends.

minho sang his heart out, taking the mic felix has lend him, the younger boy shouting his name out in excitement.

"yah! minho, you stole my spotlight!" hyunjin laughed. he went over to minho, pointing his mic towards his mouth as he continued to sing.

"this is the last song, okay?" minho told the two. they only pouted but agreed, barely being about to stand without falling over.

"this one's for you babe!" hyunjin winked, drunk out of his mind. he kissed minhos cheek quickly and ran to the front of the room before minho could do anything.

felix and hyunjin linked arms with minho as they left the karaoke bar down to minhos car. he put the two in the back seat, buckling their seatbelts for them and making sure they had their essentials. minho went to the drivers seat, looking at the two leaning on each other— their eyes barely open.

"i love you so much minho— you're the best." hyunjin slurred.

minho chuckled as he started the car, "i love you too hyunjin."

"what about me?!" felix said abruptly.

"you too, felix. i love you too!"

minho was up early the next morning, seeing his friends still past out on the couch. he headed to his kitchen to begin making food, trying not to make any noise. he failed as he heard groaning from the room up ahead.

minhos parents were both pursing stable careers that involved traveling out of state, sometimes even out of the country. minho was practically living on his own without the worry of paying rent or any bills.

minho went back to where the two were, "sorry— good morning though." he smiled at hyunjin as he rubbed his eyes.

"whyd you let me drink so much?" hyunjin whined.

"you didn't drink as much as felix." minho held a laugh in when he looked over at felix. hyunjin trying not to laugh loud as well.

felix was in an arm chair horizontally with his legs dangling on one side while his head as drifting away on the other. his mouth was wide open, drool dripping on the side of his face. hyunjin took his phone to snap a quick picture.

"he's gonna regret everything he did last night when he wakes up."

hyunjin agreed, walking a familiar path to minhos bathroom to freshen up. felix wakes up a few minutes later, talking to minho to try and remember what they did last night. minho pulled his phone out to show a few videos he took of the two, laughing as felix buried his face in his hands.

"i'm sorry to make you always take care of us." felix says.

"pfft, don't even worry about it. it's so funny watching you two." minho flashes a smile. he hands felix a glass of water, making sure he drinks it.

"next time, i'll watch over you guys, promise!"

minho chuckled, "next time can be months from now! we barely do stuff like this anymore."

"yeah i think it's for the better."