eight

"one more! one more!" hyunjin chanted as the four of them had a shot in their hand. they lost count of what shot they were on. no one could tell if they were lightweights or just snuck in a few more shots than the others.

"aish hyung— is this the buzzing you were talking about?" jeongin asked as his hands were on the side of his temples.

"already feeling it, jeong? haha!" felix laughed hysterically, leaning into hyunjin as his arm went around his shoulders.

halfway through they decided to play music so they wouldn't sit in awkward silence. at times they would break into a song, shouting out the lyrics as their breath smelled of alcohol. minho swayed side to side, still being able to keep his composure.

they continued to drink and laugh, having no other plans other than to get drunk with each other. minho soon took a bottle, drinking it straight out of it instead of pouring it into his own cup.

"you see usually, we'd scold him on hogging the bottle," hyunjin slurred as he pointed to minho practically chugging on the bitter liquid.

"but he's our hyung s—sooo i guess we can let it slide. right lixie?" hyunjin continued. he exaggerated the honorifics, making jeongin giggle.

"hyung, don't choke!" jeongin joked as well while minho drank more.

"i'm sure he's just trying to forget about his little crush~" felix laughed.

"noope, i scored a second date with him, bokie!" minho revealed. he smiled widely, still gripping the bottle tight in his hand.

"crush? who is it?" jeongin asked.

"his name is jisung. the 'perfect man'." hyunjin air quoted the title minho gave him. jeongins eyes widened at the familiar name.

felix noticed, "what is it jeongin? did you have a thing with him too?" jeongin shook his head to deny it fast, taking down another shot to avoid talking again.

"you know what guys," minho stood up. he wobbled slightly trying to find his balance.

he slurred his words, "this is to forget channie."

as if hyunjin and felix sobered up with just one word, they stood up to take the bottle away from minho. minho tried to fight back as his mouth was already on the bottle.

"no more for you, buddy." hyunjin said as he sat minho back down.

minho pouted his lips, crossing his arms over his chest like a child.

"who's channie?"

"he was my first love. he broke my heart into millions of pieces! i cant even blame him for doing it though. i—i cant blame him for anything." minho shared.

"minho you don't have to talk about him." hyunjins voice was soft.

"jeongin, he was perfect. i wish you could've met him. he would've set your standard so high, innie," minho began to choke on his words.

jeongin looked over at hyunjin and felix. they were looking down at the floor, their hands holding onto each other.

"he didn't even say goodbye. he couldn't even tell me he loved me for the last time. but it wasn't his fault— i—it wasn't his fault." minhos words slurred, still drunk from everything he drank. all jeongin could do was hug him.

jeongin was so confused at the moment; the ringing in his ears didn't help him. he was aware he was around sulking boys and he couldn't do anything but comfort them. he assumed this boy minho was talked about died in an accident by the way he spoke. a car crash? a murder? his own hands? jeongin wasn't thinking straight either.

"i'm sure he wished he could've!" jeongin said, trying to make him feel better. minho chuckled lowly at jeongins attempt.

"sorry, jeongin— i didn't mean to get all sad."

"don't worry! i feel like you needed to vent. i don't mind, really."

hyunjin stood up and cleared his throat for everyone's attention, "okay, i think we're done for the night. if i drink more i might throw up."