eleven

the four of them were at minhos house. it was the day after jisung had left when minho had accidentally let a nickname slip out. he couldn't explain why it did— it just did.

he sat in his room questioning himself. did he say it because he liked jisung? did he want something more with him? was he finally over chan?

did it feel like he was chan?

he brushed it off after jisung had texted him again, everything going back to normal between them.

"sorry it's messy." minho told the boys as they sat in his room. minho picked up different clothes off the floor, papers, and trash.

it was unlike minho to have his house messy even in the slightest whenever they came over; minho prioritized cleanliness. they didn't think too hard about it though, minho did have someone over just yesterday.

"it's okay, clean up later. just rest." hyunjin held minhos arm to stop him. he relaxed, joining them on his bed.

"don't sit here! there's not enough room!" felix complained.

"guess you'll have to cuddle up with jeongin." minho laughed, pushing the closer together.

"no offense jeongin but, i wanted to cuddle with hyunjin."

jeongin opened his mouth pretending to be hurt, "i'm just as cuddly as jinnie hyung." he laughed as he pulled felix closer by his waist.

"i need to pee, hold on." minho excused himself as they three fought for space on the bed.

as soon as they watched minho close his bedroom door, they huddled up comfortably so only they could only hear each other.

"i think jisungs a red flag if he leaves minhos place this dirty." hyunjin whispered.

felix pushed hyunjin lightly, "you've been saying that ever since minho met him, shut up!"

"that doesn't sound like jisungie though.. maybe he's seeing a different one." jeongin looked confused once again.

felix looked at jeongin with a raised eyebrow, "we're talking about that one guy who looks like a squirrel right? the one who write music? fluent in english?" he asked jeongin. felix listed the things minho had told them once before.

jeongin sat there in shock.

"what happened?"

jeongin bit his lip again, letting them know he was hiding something they didn't know.

"tell us." hyunjin pleaded.

jeongin sighed, "jisung told me he went on a date with minho hyung, around a month ago,"

felix nodded, "mhm, so we are talking about the same jisung."

"yeah.. but he also told me minho lashed out on him. he went on about channie— like how he couldn't replace him? he was confused and minho left before be could ask any more questions." jeongin confessed.

"what the fuck." hyunjin cursed. felix on the other hand looked worried.

"he's not over chan, hyunjin."

jeongin continued, "jisung hyung said he lost interest after when minho avoided questions he asked. he figured chan was an ex and ended up blocking minhos number. if minhos seeing someone, it can't be the jisung i know."

"chan is sorta like an ex.." felix' voice was low.

"what happened to chan?" jeongin asked. he sounded more worried than curious. if this guy affected minho so much, he wanted to know who he was.

"can we tell him?" felix looked over at hyunjin.

"i can tell you what we know." hyunjin said. they three scooted closer together, huddling so close they could feel each other's breath. they looked over at the door before they said anything.

"chan had a heart disease that was caught too late for the doctors to treat. minho told us chan ignored him the last days he was in the hospital. he never told us anything until the day of— i don't think chan even said goodbye to him." hyunjin shared. felix wiped his eyes as he remembered the memory of finding out and seeing minho losing it.

"he didn't say goodbye, not even an 'i love you'. he told me if he said it, that 'we' would truly be over," minho was heard at the door frame. the three jumped in surprised, immediately feeling guilty about talking about someone minho was so vulnerable over.

"that's why it hit me so hard. i'm still grieving over something that's physically over.. but he died with the thought of us. maybe if he said goodbye— maybe if he didn't push me away, leaving him would've made me feel different." minho continued. the three stood up for a group hug, telling minho sweet comforting words as he stood there, not knowing how to feel.

"hey, but it's okay! i found someone just like him!"