ten

"baby, what's wrong? why are you so sad?" minho asked worryingly. he held chan's hands,
looking at his eyes desperate for an answer.

"minho.."

"why are you calling me by my name?"

chan's eyes grew glassy; he was finding it difficult to find the right words to say. it's was difficult for him to be able to say the right words. the thought of it hurting his boyfriend was terrifying.

"i need to know you love me." chan's voice was weak.

minhos grew confused, "of course i love you! is this what you're worried about?"

chan couldn't keep eye contact with his love anymore. he wanted to so bad. he didn't want to forget his face, his memories.

"i'm scared. i'm so scared minho. i don't want to leave you." chan's grip on minhos hands were tighter. tears were falling on his lap.

"baby, why are you scared? i'm not going anywhere. please, tell me what's wrong."

"i—im sick."

"o—okay. that's okay. you'll get better." minho instantly said, trying to make him feel better. chan was in distressed, crying harder than before.

"i—i can't get better. there's s—something wrong with my heart— i can't do anything. f—fuck, i can't stop anything." chan grew frustrated. he was angry at himself for something he wasn't able to control.

minho was crying at this point, "i guess you r—really did give me all your love, hm? i'm here for you, channie." minho choked on his tears, hugging chan tightly.

they both held on like it was their last.

"canceling on us again?" felix whined over the phone.

"sorry, sungies coming over again." minho explained. he looked around his house, cleaning up a mess he didn't remember making.

you could hear arguing on the other end as the phone was passed around, "we're hanging out tomorrow, no excuses." hyunjin said before hanging the phone up. minho just rolled his eyes, as he heard a knock at the door.

"hey!" jisung greeted him.

the two had planned to make brownies together. they were both craving something sweet so it all worked out in the end. minho also didn't have anywhere he wanted to go, as well as jisung; so, their dates happening at minhos place was no big deal. it only grew them closer.

"is this your first time baking?" jisung giggled as he watched minho begin to stir the brownie mixture.

jisung sat across from him on the kitchen island after preparing everything for when the brownies were done getting mixed up.

minho laughed at himself as he struggled, "i just haven't done this in a while."

jisung smiled at the boy, heading over to him.

"we're like those cheesy couples in those cliche christmas movies." jisung laughed as he stood behind minho, holding onto his waist with one hand while the other held the whisk with minhos.

minho blushed at the sudden close contact between them, feeling himself zone out again.

"baby, i got it." minho said without a thought. jisung took a step back, chills running down minhos back from the lost of warmth.

"what did you say?" jisung asked.

minho turned around, looking terrified, "i—im sorry. it just slipped o—out. i didn't mean to."

jisung nodded, understanding minhos mistake. he couldn't help but frown slightly, "i should go."

"why haven't you been answering my calls?" minho asked chan. he drove to his house, knowing he would be there.

"i—i don't know."

"bullshit. tell me why you're avoiding me."

chan's head was heavy. he was only able to look down at his feet as his boyfriend stood at his door.

"i'm gonna have to stay at the hospital soon. i—i don't want you seeing me like t—that." chan admitted. he was afraid to even go near that place after he found out.

the doctors told him he had a month to live.

he denied to stay there after finding out, telling them he might not have the insurance or even want treatment; the treatment would be useless anyways. his family told him he should at least try.

"i don't care chan. i want to be here for you. especially at this time. you can't push me away."

chan pulled minho into a hug, tears staining the back of his shirt, "you should go."