nine

minho and jisung had been texting non-stop. minhos eyes were glued to either his phone to text jisung back or to his ceiling, daydreaming about him. minho sat in class anxiously shaking his leg as he counted the seconds go by.

minho had been putting off his date with jisung for weeks and the day he was free finally rolled around. he was nervous he wouldn't be the same person he was when texting. hiding behind a screen was way easier for him to flirt with a pretty boy.

"seeing him today?" hyunjin asked after school.

minho nodded, "yeah he's coming over."

"do you need us to camp outside, make sure he's not a murderer or anything?" hyunjin asked in a serious tone only to receive a laugh.

"i swear he's good. i've been texting him a lot! i'm just nervous."

"more like sexting," hyunjin mumbled. "let me see!" hyunjin tried to sneak a glance at minhos phone, only being able to see a chain of texts from minho; probably tell jisung his plan for later.

"get home soon! i'll update you guys on how it goes." minho laughed as he pushes hyunjin away gently. hyunjin sent him a wink before going back to find felix.

hyunjin found felix faster than he thought, putting his arm around him as they walked to his car.

"minhos seeing that jisung guy today, right?" felix asked. hyunjin nodded as they got into to car to pick jeongin up, a routine they all started to get used to.

"i'm still worried about him. what if this jisung guy is just a rebound?" hyunjin vented his worried about his friend.

felix agreed, "he did drink a little too much a couple weeks ago. he told jeongin about chan too— it's weird how he was so open."

"yeah. the fact we haven't met jisung yet either is weird."

hyunjin pulled up to jeongins school, the raven haired boy getting into the car as he found them.

"hey! how are you today?" jeongin asked naturally.

"we're good jeong," felix turned to smile at the boy in the back seat.

"any chance you know jisung?" felix asked, not trying to hide anything. hyunjin didn't expect felix to ask the question so suddenly. he remembered that night when jisung was brought up in the conversation. it was still blurry; he didn't know if jeongin shared anymore.

jeongin nodded, "yeah he goes to my school! i usually sit with him at lunch with seungminnie!"

the two sighed in relief knowing jisung was a mutual of someone other than minho.

minho arrived at home quickly to clean up any mess he has left around his house. it was always tidy and neat so there wasn't anything he needed to worry about. out of anxiety, he made things up to fix: that vase on the kitchen table? turn it slightly. the picture frames in the halls? all of them should be straight. the couch? fluff the pillows up.

he checked his phone to see a text from jisung that he was outside, asking for minho to step out in case he got the wrong address. minho took a deep breath before opening the door, seeing jisung walk over with a big smile.

"hey! it's nice to see you again." minho smiled, giving jisung a side hug. jisung had a takeout bag in one hand, the smell of fresh fish coming out of it.

"you too! i brought sushi." jisung laughed, bringing the back up to eye level.

the two entered the house, minho taking the bag from jisung and placing it in the kitchen.

"your house is so cute! i can't believe you're here alone most of the time." jisung commented as he looked around.

minho followed behind, "my friends usually come over often so i'm not always alone, haha. i don't think it's healthy for me to be by myself anyways."

"well you have me now."

minho looked away from jisung trying to hide the smile that crept on his face. butterflies danced in his stomach, causing little giggles to leave his mouth. jisung smirked happy he was able to get the pretty boy to blush at his words.

"let's go to my room?"

jisung nodded, following minho through his house to a spacious and clean room. everything was organized, minho had a lot of things yet not enough to make it seem cluttered. he didn't have any posters on his walls to show his interests. he only had small picture frames on his desk, displaying his friends and people he loved.

"tell me about them." jisung said as he took notice of the photos. he figured they meant a lot to him seeing how they were the only photos he kept displayed.

minho smiled, feeling touched by jisungs interest in him. he motioned for jisung to sit on his bed as minho sat on his rolling chair. he grabbed a photo of him, hyunjin, and felix.

it was a selfie of the three of them, felix on the far left holding a peace sign, hyunjin in the middle making a kissy face towards minho, while minho made a disgusted look at the camera.

"they're my best friends. this is felix, hyunjin," minho pointed them out.

"i've never really had close friends growing up— or really friends at all. i spend practically 24/7 with them now. they know everything about me and i know everything about them! i trust them with my whole life." minho smiled. jisung nodded as he spoke.

"looks like you know how to pick out good friends." jisung commented.

minho set the photo back down, grabbing another of his parents sitting down in the living room with three cats.

"these are my parents. they're always working abroad but they adopted these three cats when i was younger. these are the ones i told you about— the ones i had to give to my aunt. with school and all i couldn't pay as much attention to them. i still visit them when i can though!"

jisungs smile grew wider as he saw minho talk about his love for animals. minho went on a little rant telling him about each of his cats personality's and favorite toys.

"sorry— im sure this is boring you!" minho snapped back into reality once he met eyes with jisung again. the boy shook his head telling him to keep going.

"what about him?" jisung questioned. he pointed at another frame, curiously.

it was a picture of minho and another boy, looking like they were inside a school gym. they wore similar uniforms and minhos head tilted slightly with a small smile on his face. the other brown haired boy was holding a basketball, leaning towards minho with a peace sign in his other hand.

minho scoffed weakly, remembering when he took that photo, "his name was chan."

"that's all? no cute story for him?" jisung joked.

minho shook his head, "his didn't have a happy ending."

jisungs smile immediately faded with a string of apologies coming out of his mouth. minho shooks his hands reassuring him it was fine.

"i'm so sorry, i shouldn't have asked."

minho moved to sit next to jisung on the bed, "you didn't know! don't worry. should we go eat? you need to start talking about yourself too." minho quickly changed to subject, jisung falling for it quick.

he couldn't miss the opportunity for jisung to fall deeper into that perfect boy image.