five

a few days passed since minhos date with jisung. he thought it went pretty well. he was already head over heels for the boy; his mind was always thinking of him.

"busy after school?" felix bumped into minho in the halls through passing period.

"no, your place?" minho asked immediately. hanging out with his friends 24/7 was already an unspoken rule.

felix shook his head, "hyunjins! he's inviting jeongin."

"oh jeongin! have you met him yet?"

"nope. hyunjin ended up meeting up with him while you were on your little date— you have to tell us about that by the way," felix cut himself off.

"if we were gonna meet someone new, we decided it would be best if all of us went, you know? so i didn't go. jeongins also 16." felix continued to spill out different information at once.

"16? what's he doing on a dating app?" minho chuckled.

felix shrugged his shoulders, "cat fishing? who knows! my class is over here, see you at lunch, min!" felix waved.

"lee minho!" hyunjin shouted as he headed towards where they sat at lunch. minho turned to his direction, sending his small waves.

"hwang hyunjin!" minho laughed as he sat.

"lee felix!" felix joined. the two looked at him confused with a smile on their face.

"what? i wanted to be included!"

hyunjin chuckled again, "whatever weirdo. so you guys are free later?" the two nodded, their mouths already full of food from their trays.

"you wanna tell us about your date right now?" felix asked.

"oh my god i forgot about that! tell us now," hyunjin eagerly said.

"you can't tell us later— unless you wanna tell jeongin too— he's actually so cute guys you don't understand—" hyunjin was cut off by felix.

"hyunjin, one thought at a time." he laughed.

"right. minus-well catch us up now though! i'll manage to forget again."

minho sighed, a smile forming on his face thinking about jisung again.

"well, he was an hour late." minho started.

"red flag immediately. i don't like him." hyunjin blurted out. felix hit his arm weakly, telling minho to continue.

"despite that, he's was amazing, honestly. he's my age, loves sweets, he has two cats, he lived in the u.s when he was little and was adopted by two beautiful women, he's fluent in korean and english, he likes to sing and write his own music— he's perfect." minho ranted. the two listened contently, trying to process everything minho shared.

"yet he shared his whole life story on the first date? another red flag." hyunjin teased.

"he just likes to talk! it's so adorable. his voice is really nice too!"

felix ruffled minhos hair, "you're already in love, dude."

"no! i just think he's cute! how'd i manage to meet him, you know? it's crazy."

hyunjin met up with minho and felix after school, the three hopping in hyunjins car.

"we're picking jeongin up from his school, you guys okay with that?" hyunjin explained. minho nodded along with felix who was sitting in the back seat.

"i think you'll really like him. maybe add him into our friend group.." hyunjin trailed off.

"add him? hyunjin, you're joking right?" felix asked.

hyunjin laughed nervously, "what? i'm just saying!"

"you met him once, dude." minho added.

"yeah yeah, i was just trying to hype him up a little more. he's really nice— be nice to him." hyunjin scolded. the two agreed, watching hyunjin pull up to another high school that was fairly close to theirs.

felix and minhos eyes looked around curiously, wondering what jeongin looked like. hyunjin texted him they were parked right in front of his school.

"hold on," hyunjin said before stepping out of his car. the two looked at each other before looking to see where hyunjin went.

hyunjin waved to a raven haired boy who was smiling from ear to ear. he wore baggy blue jeans with an oversized white long sleeve. his backpack slugged over on his shoulder, hyunjin taking it from him.

the two bickered a little from what minho and felix could see and then went over to the car.

"sorry, we're back." hyunjin said, hopping back into the drivers seat. jeongin smiled at felix as he entered the back seat with him, his backpack placed on the floor.

"jeongin, that's felix, and this is minho." hyunjin introduced them.

"nice to meet you, hyung!" jeongin greeted. the twos eyes widened, surprised by the sudden honorifics.

"jeongin-ah, you can speak comfortably." minho said in a panic.

jeongins head tilted, "we're the same age? hyunjinnie didn't tell me that."

"no we aren't, but you don't need to refer to us like that— it's okay." felix added.

"mm i can try."

the four headed to hyunjins place, quickly gathering into his room upstairs. hyunjin and jeongin sat on his bed while minho and felix sat in the small chairs hyunjin had in his room.

they formed a small circle natually, silence falling between them.

"so, hyunjin, what did you have planned for us?" felix questioned, snidely.

"i don't know— talk to each other." hyunjin laughed.

"jeongin why are you on a dating app when you're 16?" felix blurted out. minho smacked his arm quickly.

"ah! you're right, i shouldn't be on it. seungmin hyung did it for me. he wanted to get me off his hands," jeongin laughed. the three assumed seungmin was his friend, possibly someone their age.

"everyone's weird on there though. i deleted it after i met jinnie hyung."

"do you have friends your own age?" minho asked. amazingly, it didn't come off as mean or was taken the wrong way.

jeongin shook his head, "no. but i don't mind! my oldest friend was 19."

"was?"

"well people thought it was weird for me to be friends with someone so much older than me. he was really nice though! i'm not sure what happened to him."

hyunjin nodded, listening to him closely, "lix is friends with someone who's 22! he works at a karaoke place around 30 minutes away. i don't know if that's a flex or not— how old are you felix?"

felix rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "wow after all these years, you still don't know my birthday?"

"w—what! no! i know how old you are.. i was just testing you." hyunjin denied, looking over at minho for help. he mouthed 'seventeen' to him, hyunjin laughing in return.

"yeah but he's like a family friend kind of, you know? my moms friends with his mom's sister. she dragged me to her party and i had a crush on him but he gave me the ick when he did aegyo." felix explained.

"don't act like you don't do it either." minho said.