three

the three friends were at hyunjins place, all cuddling to watch a movie together. felix called them to hang out together because he hated to be alone at his own place on the weekends.

"oo! i forgot to tell you guys. i met this one guy." hyunjin interrupted the movie. they all grew uninterested in it as hyunjin announced the news.

"one— you meet like five a day!" felix laughed, earning a punch from hyunjin.

"where'd you meet him?" minho asked.

"on a dating app." hyunjin smiled. he opened his phone to show them his profile.

"his name is jeongin! he's not looking for a relationship for anything— just friends." hyunjin told them.

"that's what they all say." felix smirked.

hyunjin playfully hit him again, "whatever! i asked if he wanted to hang out with us this saturday, are you down?"

felix nodded his head as minho politely declined, "i actually have a date this saturday.." he shared quietly.

"A DATE?! SINCE WHEN?!" felix freaked out.

"i almost spilled coffee on him a few days ago when i went to get some. we exchanged numbers and started talking since." minho explained to them. felix and hyunjin stared, dumbfounded.

"minho are you sure you're ready to date again?" hyunjin asked. minho thought for a moment before nodding. they knew he was still unsure.

"yeah! i think it's good for me to go out and meet people. like you and jeongin!" minho smiled.

hyunjin and felix shared a look, "you're right. we have to meet this boy too! if anything happens of course." felix spoke.

"mhm, don't even worry."

"i don't have a good feeling about minhos date." hyunjin admitted. minho left his place early after finishing the movie.

felix agreed, "yeah, i think it's too soon, really."

"just last week he was crying to us about chan. it's only been a month since that happened." hyunjin frowned as he recalled the memory of minho breaking down.

minho held his phone with his shaky hand, praying he was able to click the right contact name through his blurry vision.

"hello?" hyunjin cheerfully greeting him on the other end. his smile faded as he heard sniffling through his phone speaker.

"hyunjin.. are you busy right now?" minho said softly.

"no, what happened? are you at your place right now? why are you crying?"

minho wiped his eyes, collapsing on his own couch, dizzy from panting and trying to catch his breath.

"it's chan.. h—he's.. please come over, i need you." minhos sentences kept getting interrupted. he wasn't able to form full sentences— he couldn't think of full sentences.

"okay minho, breathe in and out for me. i'll come over right now. you want felix here too?" hyunjin was already in his own car, texting felix as he left minho on speaker.

"please."

they hated seeing him like that. he kept his emotions neutral and that was one of the few times they both seen him show he was able to 'feel' so strongly.

chan was minho's first real relationship. he was the perfect guy even through hyunjin and felix' eyes. chan treated minho with respect and showed more than the bare minimum.

they felt terrible after what happened.

"maybe he'll come to talk to us if he's bothered by it— do you think he will?"

hyunjin shrugged, not knowing what minho could do. minho would change the subject quickly whenever they talking about his feelings. it was only a one time thing for him to breakdown. yet they still knew when things would upset minho.

despite him being the oldest out of the three of them, they took care of him the most.