my everything- florence

"YOUR ON IN FIVE."

With a sigh I nod my acknowledgements at my manager who in turn retreats from my dressing room leaving me in peace.

My concert was fully booked out. Fans line every row screaming and calling my name. My anxiety was high, but whose wouldn't be?

Biting my cheek nervously I pick up my phone and frown at not seeing the notification I was so desperately waiting for.

Florence was meant to be here tonight yet she hadn't replied to any of my messages or calls which was strange for her. For the past two months she had been filming a movie in England while I had been touring around the US. The filming had wrapped up yesterday and she promised me to be here for the show today.

"YOUR ON IN TWO." My mangers yells from the door to which I take a deep breath standing up and turning my phone on its face in an attempt to ignore the lingering thoughts over what my girlfriend might be doing.

[]

"HELLO LA." I yell through the microphone earning a scream so loud I had to cover my ears. "Damn you guys are excited. Im glad. I love a good crowd." I chuckle observing the fans from my position of stage.

A few fans hold signs up that attract my attention earning a small chuckle from myself at their crafty sentences.

"HIT ME WITH YOUR TOUR BUS." I squint attempting to read a sign from a crazy fan. The crowd screams in agreement and I throw my head back in laughter.

"I think not. Sorry but I would prefer not to go to jail." I reply scrunching my nose at the thought. Still I send a wink to the fan holding the sign, her eyes widening at the affection.

[]

Slowly but surely I sing my songs, each one earning applause after applause but my head was only thinking about one thing. Where was Florence ?

I know she's a busy person. I mean she's an actor... but she promised me and she never breaks a promise.

Finally my last song begins playing. The slow tempo leaving the crowd silent apart from the odd sob as the words hit the fans hard.

Does she know that we bleed the same?
Don't wanna cry but I break that way.
Cold sheets, but where's my love?

I am searching high
Searching low in the night.
Ooooo
Does she know that we bleed the same?
Don't wanna cry but I break that way.

Did she run away?
Did she run away?
I don't know.
If she ran away
If she ran away, come back home.
Please come home.

I couldn't help but think about Flo as I sing this. Her silence leaving me to wonder if she had run away. Away from this. Us.

By the end of my performance my cheeks were wet with tears not unlike every member of the audience. Standing I wipe the stray drops off my cheeks before taking a bow.

"Thank you LA and goodnight."

[]

Shoulders slumped I drag myself to my dressing room collapsing onto the couch with a sigh.

She should've been here by now.

Maybe this was her way of breaking up with me. Leaving me for someone else. I wouldn't be surprised.

Running my hands through my hair I bury my face into the pillows muffling my cries.

"Skye? Darling?"