angel-yelena

Love is a weird feeling. It makes your stomach tingle and your heart pound. It pushes down the walls you so desperately try to put up leaving you vulnerable. Yet for some reason, some stupid reason it's the most euphoric feeling ever.

I wasn't sure exactly when I fell in love with Yelena Belova. Maybe it was the day she first came to the tower and we locked eyes for the first time. Or maybe it was the time she begrudgingly accepted my offer for a walk and we didn't stop walking for three hours. Or maybe the day she finally admitted to me that she liked me, more than a friend was supposed to like a friend. Either way I love her, and nothing in this world can stop me from doing that.

"Good morning my angel." Yelena rasps stretching her arms above her head with a groan before rolling over to face me, green eyes staring deeply into my own bright blue.

"Morning Lena." I mumble reaching over to cup her tanned cheek in my fingers. "We have a mission to get ready for detka." My girlfriend whispers gripping my wrist and kissing the pads of my fingers, her lips soft on my fingertips.

Nodding my acknowledgment I pull my hand back to my side and throw my legs off the side of the bed sitting up with a sigh. Looking over my shoulder I smile softly at the pout coating the blondes face due to my absence.

The carpet hugs my feet as I make my way towards the sliding door connecting our room with a balcony. Pulling the sliding door open with a grunt I step outside overlooking the rather large city. Cars bustle in the streets below honking at one another whilst a gentle hum of birds fill in the occasional silence.

"Lena, can you get my suit ready please? I'm going for a morning flight." I whisper to which Yelena nods with a chuckle watching as I spread my wings, the same wings that earned me my nickname as Angel.

Being born mutant had its perks, but the cons overweighed the pros by a mile. For some mutants life was easy, mental abilities being easier to hide than physical ones. Unluckily for me I was born with wings, giant wings that protruded out my shoulder blades. Large and pure white like snow on a winters day they were hard to miss although I was grateful I had the luxury to tuck them into my back making them dam near impossible to spot if you weren't looking for them. For years I had tried time and time again to cut them off or destroy them but they were stubborn, always growing back no matter how hard I tried. Embarrassed of the things people called a gift I hid myself away filled with despair. That was until Tony found me, ashamed and alone. He took me in, treated me as his own and helped me gain the courage I needed to face the world with my gifts. Sure people judge, but can any of them fly?

Removing my shirt leaving me in a bra and shorts I stretch out my wings sighing in delight as the breeze ripples through the feathers. Standing on the railing of the balcony I turn to face the window giving Yelena a wink before falling backwards, my last view of Yelena being her eye roll and the word "Poser." being yelled out through the open door.

Tucking my wings into my sides I close my eyes as the air rushes past my face pushing my hair behind me. Sensing I was close to the floor I open my eyes and extend my wings, the air catching underneath them and sending me flying upwards. My eyes crinkle as a delighted smile forms on my face. Soaring upwards I let out another belt of laughter as I glide through the air looking down at the city below. Peoples yells follow me as they spot me through their windows, pointed fingers and shouts of excitement causing another more prominent laugh to fall from my lips.

Finally I land back on the balcony ledge hopping down with a heartwarming laugh. "Fun?" Yelena grins walking towards me with a raised eyebrow. I nod enthusiastically allowing the blonde to stroke the sides of my wings gently, her fingers running through the soft feathers with a sigh. "Nothing on earth can be softer than these, I could touch these forever." She hums contently closing her eyes for a blissful moment.