Birthright

Olivia: "How'd it go?" she questions, looking at Elizabeth who exits her car, slamming the door shut "Not great, huh?" she hums, watching as she shakes her head, muttering to herself in annoyance

Elizabeth: "Well, I did what you said. I invited the Summers out for coffee to try and see if we could work things out...and they sent their lawyer. Who apparently is advising them not to have any contact with me because I might persuade them against moving forward." she scoffs, gritting her teeth in anger

Elliot: "It'll work itself out. Even if you have to go to court. The judge will see just how much you love that little girl."

Elizabeth: "Mm" she sighs, brushing hair out her face "What do we got?"

Elliot: "Patricia Branson, six years old. Dad's reading The Times, perv tries to snatch her in a park full of people."

Olivia: "Only description we got is a white guy wearing a baseball cap. Bystander chased him, but perp got away on his own bike."

Elizabeth: "What was he gonna do, tie her to his handlebars?" she scoffs, arriving in front of an ambulance

Olivia: "Mr. Branson?"

Mr. Branson: "Yes?"

Olivia: "I'm Detective Benson, these are Detective Stabler and Benson. Special Victims Unit."

Mr. Branson: "Bastard tried to pull my daughter over the fence by her hair. Ripped it right out of her head. I...I just took my eyes off Patty for a second..."

Elliot: "Well, now, the important thing is that she's safe, but we do need to talk to her."

Mr. Branson: "I want to stay with her."

Elizabeth: "Actually, sir, victims Patty's age are usually more comfortable talking one-on-one."

Elliot: "And I need to get some information from you. Okay? Come on."

Olivia: "Hey. Give us a minute?" she nods to a paramedic, climbing inside the ambulance as Elizabeth leans against the doors "Patty? My name is Olivia. Hi, I'm a police officer. How are you feeling?"

Patty: "My head hurts." she cries, making Olivia give her a soft look

Olivia: "Because the man pulled your hair?"

Patty: "He wanted me to go with him."

Olivia: "Where did he want you to go?"

Patty: "To play with Dinky."

Olivia: "Who's Dinky?"

Patty: "His puppy. He let me pet him the other time."

Olivia: "So you've seen this man before?"

Patty: "When he showed me his puppy."

•••

Elizabeth: "I talked to every kid, nanny and parent at that playground. Nobody's ever seen the guy. Checked with the local precinct, no similar complaints."

Cragen: "Bike rules out a snatch attempt, so we're talking perv."

Elizabeth: "He's done his homework. He's tried that doggy-lure trick on her before so he's definitely watching her movements."

Cragen: "Okay, so he tries to lift her over the fence and take her where?"

Elizabeth: "There's about a dozen places within a hundred yards of that playground where he could have taken Patty."

Cragen: "How is she?"

Elizabeth: "Besides the head injury there's no signs of other assault."

Cragen: "Patty's his fantasy girl. He's not gonna give up."