|2| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖

Harper landed swiftly, her combat boots meeting the metal frame as her hand sneaked behind her back to her quiver. She narrowed her gaze, the bronze in her eyes darkening as her lips quirked in amusement.

She could feel her heart thumping in her chest, the familiar ache and adrenaline coursing through her veins. Harper notched an arrow. The man didn't see it coming.

" Hello there"

Harper's smile widened as her head tilted to the side, a mocking wave playing at her fingers. Their eyes widened as she jumped off the railing.  " Leaving so soon" she taunted, her bow secured on her back as her daggers twirled in her grip.

The man swore as he lunged towards her. Harper side-stepped and his balance faltered. She hooked her arm around his, her elbow digging into his side. In one swift movement she had buried her dagger into his thigh, the man cried out as he tumbled to the floor.

Harper blocked her next attack as she raised her arms in defence. She threw her dagger, and it found its home in one of the attackers' chests. Harper kneed the man in his stomach before she spun around, her boot meeting his ribs as he was sent crashing to the ground.

She could hear the buzz of electricity from above her. She spared a glance towards the platform overhead where she saw a blur of blue. Harper chuckled as she grabbed the collar of one of the men that swung at her.

" Isn't he always just a tad bit too dramatic?" Harper scoffed as she pointed at the crime fighter. The man in front of her guffawed as she got side tracked, her head shaking slightly in faux disappointment. She looked at the man in her grasp with pursed lips. " Honestly who does he think he is...Batman." Harper tsked before landing a swift hook to his face. The man crumbled to the floor, a grunt escaping his lips as Harper shrugged. " Hey, at least he looks hot." She winked before stepping over his body.

Ryder's thumb traced the outline of the arrow. His eyes glued to the tip of the silver head as the world faded around him.

" You ready rookie?" he heard a smooth voice from behind him. The young man rolled his eyes as he notched the arrow into his crossbow. Kory sauntered up to him, her hair in elegant curls as her eyes shined her stark emerald. Fire danced in the palm of her hands before she extinguished it in her fist.

" You know I've done this countless times before right?" he chided as his eyes met hers. " Not my first rodeo."

Kory joined his side as they scoped out the men beneath them." Correction" she chastised, her eyes fluttering to meet his briefly. " This time you're fighting as a hero." She sent him a small smile before her eyes glowed a bright green as fire engulfed her body. " Show time" she said as she threw him a quick wink before jumping off the railing.

Ryder looked at the spot she had just been in before shaking his head, an airy chuckle leaving his lips before he followed her actions.

" We're here live at the scene where the Titans have once again provided a major assist for our very own SFPD."  The reporter informed as she turned to Harper and Kory that stood beside her. Kory had her hands interlaced in front of her as Harper smiled politely at the camera. " The mayor had called you and the Titans San Francisco's guardian angels. How do you respond to that?"

Kory sent them a dazzling smile as she glanced at Harper. " Well, the Titans are happy to do everything we can to protect the city. But the real angels are the men and women without powers. They show us that if we all do our part together, we can really create change."

Harper smiled proudly as the reporter handed her the mic." Starfire pretty much summed it up. We are honoured to keep the city safe, and we stand as a reminder of what unity can accomplish. We will do our utmost best for the people of this city. "

The reporter faced the camera again after sending the two crime fighters a grin. " Well, there you have it, the Titans very own Starfire and Artemis shedding light on Gizmo's busted affairs as well as their admirable words." The crime fighters bid farewell to the reporter before branching off.

Harper made her way towards her brother who was standing a few feet away from the commotion. He wasn't ready to be out in the spotlight, a part of him still feeling guilty and that he was undeserved to be standing up there alongside them, like what he had done to them was nothing. Although Harper had forgiven him, and the Titans had opened their home and welcomed him, Ryder was still apprehensive. He watched them interact, a small smile pulled at his lips as he saw his sister approach him. He admired her character, the way she spoke and what she stood for. He had watched her converse with the reporters with a bright grin on her face. She had grown up. And he had missed it.

Harper grinned as she meandered her way through the police officials and reporters to get to her brother. Her grin didn't falter as she joined his side, her hand raised as she punched his arm lightly.

" You did good today" she smiled as Ryder folded his arms over his chest.   " Thanks" he said as he shot her a small appreciative smile. Ryder's eyes suddenly widened as he saw Kory approach them. Harper smirked as she eyed the two. Taking this as her cue to leave she had patted Kory on the back before shooting a sly wink to her brother, her lips puckering as Ryder sent her a withering glare. Harper laughed before she left in search for Dick.

 Harper laughed before she left in search for Dick