|34| 𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚛

Harper was running.

The walls of the alleyway were growing closer but she wouldn't stop, she couldn't.

She was running, like she always did. She ran the first time she ever met Oliver, she ran when Dick left, she ran when the Titans needed her. She ran to rid her guilt. Dick was right, Harper was always running.

She took a sharp turn, her breathing laboured before she peeked around a corner where the figure stalked closer. Their voice dark and sinister but she knew that voice, how couldn't she.

It was the voice that haunted her, the voice belonging to the person she feared becoming. The person that was trapped behind her cracking morals the longer she remained in this life.

Harper winced as a bang echoed through the alleyway, but her breath hitched when she saw the hooded figure look up. Eyes stark yellow, grinning at her with crimson smeared across her face and dripping down to the floor.

Quiver

" Found you" it cackled before suddenly lurching towards her. Harper pushed herself off the wall before swerving as the dagger flew past her head. Her dagger, that had always been her pride and joy which now was stained with the blood of her family.

It was all coming back, every suffocating thing she had endured. The loss of her parents, Ryder, the death of her friends, the asylum, her suicide attempt. She should've ended it then. Maybe then she wouldn't have to bare the guilt of having to watch her family die around her.

Harper let out a cry as her legs began to give way. The distant roar of laughter creeping up her spine before she was sent flying.

Harper crashed into the wall, the trash bins beside her toppling with her as she held her side in agony.

" You can't run from who you are Harper. " she heard the voice chant as she looked up. " Own up to what you did."

Harper stifled her cries as a new figured joined her side. " No, no please. You're not real, you're not real."

" I'm real Katniss"

Harper shook her head at the dismantled Hank that stood in front of her. He looked as if he was patched together roughly and carelessly. Loose stitches engraved in his skin keeping him together. Bits of him missing and Harper felt like throwing up. He was covered in ash as his once mischievous and lively eyes were void and furious.

" No, you're dead. You're dead." Harper trembled as she tried to crawl further away from him.

" Whose fault is that Harper?" he crouched down and Harper screamed. " Who let me die! "