| 5 | 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚜

" You ready for this?"

His voice pulled her out of her trance as she glanced at the man beside her. His hand held hers as she leeched onto his warmth. Harper felt every palpitation pumping inside her as the manor all but scrutinised her. Harper had never felt so small in her entire life.

Was she really ready? Was she ready to face the truth that Jason Todd was actually gone and wasn't coming back. Her gut lurched. She shyed away as she tried to regain her sense of sanity.

Her eyes trailed up the archaic walls that encased some of the biggest secrets ever held. The structure, old like time and filled with the memories of both past and present stood tall and quiet as if it too was mourning the loss within.

Harper pursed her lips as Dick brought his hand up to her cheek. Her ashen skin feeling cool to his touch.     " I'm right here"  he assured.

Harper smiled lightly before she took in a deep breath and made their way inside.

" Things haven't changed since the last time I was here" Harper said  wistfully. Her eyes fluttered over the messy room embodying perfectly how Jason was. The same room that had belonged to Dick.

Dick tightened his grip on his duffel bag while pulling Harper closer to him. She glanced up at him, seeing the fond smile adorning his face. Nostalgia hit him as memories both good and bad passed before his eyes.

" The flying Graysons" he chirped. Harper's lips tugged as she patted his chest lightly. She moved out of his hold as they placed their things down. Harper took note of the messy bed as she planted herself onto the mattress.A breath escaped her lips as she saw a photo of the two of them on his bedside.

" Hey, look at this?" he called. Harper tore her gaze to him as Dick paged through a thick chemistry book.

" Why does Jason have that?" Harper frowned as she joined his side. There was a notebook of formulas and research, page after page of notes. Harper knew Jason but this, this was a mystery to her.