|13 | 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗

____________________

hehehehe 😏

____________________

" Whenever you're ready" Kory insisted as she leaned on the table, her fingers hitting the table lightly as she stared at the boy expectantly.

Gar sat opposite her, a chess board between them as he folded his arms, his hand upright while his finger pressed to his lips in concentration.

" I know what you're doing" he deliberated, his eyes glued to the black and white pieces.

Harper raised her brow as she sat on a wheely chair, her legs kicked up on the desk while Conner sat beside her, a book in hand. She was texting Oliver as she glanced between the two.

" Psy ops. Mastered by the Russians" he said as he moved a piece. Kory chuckled as she moved one of hers.     " You know I'm from another planet, right?"

Gar nodded as his brows furrowed.      " Allegedly."

" Do you always get this way when you get competitive?" Kory questioned as Harper released a snort, lifting her gaze to meet his offended one's. " You should see him with Monopoly." she chided." It's a bloodbath"

Gar huffed as he lightly shot her a glare while she stuck out her tongue before continuing her conversation with the vigilante.

" I'm problem solving" Gar said. " The Bird's Opening. The answer is right in front of us. It's hidden in plain sight."

Conner chuckled lightly as he raised his book, his finger on the page as he looked at them excitedly. " Hey, speaking of Russians. This guy Bobby Fischer had the fillings removed from his mouth because he thought the Russians were using it as a radio transmitter-"

" Stop" Gar cut him off as his smile slowly slipped off his face.

" It's...a fact" Conner tried to justify but Gar just frowned. " Hold on, Fischer took out his own fillings?"