|14 | 𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝙷𝚘𝚘𝚍

" Not what you'd imagine huh" he taunted while she felt herself losing it. She tried to find reason but the more her head spinned the faster she realised she didn't have an answer. She gripped her heart as it pounded relentlessly, the feeling crippling.

No, no, no

" Bruce always told me you were better than me with the toys" Jason said as he looked over at Dick who stood stunned at the youngster's revelation.

" In living colour." his eyes glared into Dick's as he grabbed the gun in his holster. " I got a new name now, though."

" Red Hood"

Harper stood dazed as she locked eyes on his. Dick looked at her in panic as Jason raised his gun, aimed right at her.  Dick lurched as he shielded her trembling frame, grabbing her frail body and all but dragged her out of his range of fire.  Dick held her tight in his arms as they hid behind a bunch of barrels until the fire ceased.

Harper covered her mouth with her shaking hand as she cried. Sobs racking her body that she tried to muffle. Dick closed his eyes as he brought her head to his chest. Her ear over his heart as he held her, one arm draped over her shoulder, pulling her close, the other covering her ears as he pressed her further into him, muting the sounds of the bullets.

Harper shut her eyes, a tear slipping down her cheek as she grieved - not for the fact that he wasn't with them anymore, but because of the boy that died so Red Hood could live.

Harper grunted as she threw another pile of dirt onto the accumulating mound. Her face was still puffy with dried tear marks staining her flushed cheeks as she desperately dug up his grave.

" Harper " Dick called as she continued digging. " Harper please" he begged.

His mind was in turmoil, he didn't want to believe what he saw. That Jason was there, standing proudly as if he hadn't become a catalyst for their downfall. But just as reality hit him, it was hitting Harper way worse.