|35| 𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜

Jason trudged into the cave. His face bruised, and the red of his suit smearing his skin as he took a shuddering breath.

He made his way deeper into the Bat cave, his sunken eyes flickering round the room to catch any sight of the brunette. He felt a twist in his heart at the thought. Dick was dying and she didn't know.

Jason's body froze as his heart dropped to his feet. His hand raised to cover his nose before growing pale at the sight before him.

On the table was a mutilated corpse of a once perfectly fine man. He was dismantled, torn to shreds with his insides carved out of him in sloppy edges and trailing from his body. Jason withheld the bile in his throat.

" Oh god" he cringed as he rounded the table. His eyes slowly trailing from the man's face, scratches marring his face as if he was cut deep into and then stitched back together before being ripped open again. His breath hitched as the blood dripped down the table, the red staining the marble floors going all the way to the wall.

His footsteps were slow and careful as he followed the blood. But it didn't stop the way his breath hitched in shock at the broken figure slumped against the corner.

" Harper?"

Harper's head shot up. Her tears were falling as a violent sob escaped her lips. She was shaking like a leaf, blood coating her clothes and drenching her hands to her forearms in hot thick blood.

"Harper" he called softly as he inched closer, crouching to his knees as she pushed herself deeper into herself and further from him.

" I didn't mean to, I didn't want to. I couldn't stop" she cried as she scraped her hands against her pants. " I killed him. I killed him" she screamed as she looked up at the body and another cry left her.

Jason quickly moved in front of her, shielding her view as he grabbed her hands. She tugged and pulled away from him but his grasp remained firmly locked around hers. She was pleading now, begging, as flashes of what she had done scarred her.

" Harper look at me." he whispered as she shook her head. " I didn't-" she stammered. " I was so angry, so scared. They wanted me to kill. "

" Harper"

" No no" she yelled as she ripped her hands from his and scurried as far as she could from him. Her face was smeared with tears as she shook her head frantically. " No, you did this. You did all of this." she snarled as he sunk to the floor.

" Harper please-"

" Shut up" she hissed before clamping her hands over her ears. " Shut up, shut up, shut up"

Jason called to her again but clamped his mouth shut as she screamed again, this time her eyes glowing.

" I'll kill you" she spat, her eyes burning a bright gold before she lunged, tackling him to the ground as his back collided with a harsh thud. Jason groaned as he held her arms as she tried to grab him, profanities spewing from her lips as he tried to pry her off of him.