-𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

LOVERS ROCK
prologue
[ season one - episode one ]

LOVERS ROCKprologue[ season one - episode one ]

A brilliant full moon hung above their heads, its beam illuminating their faces as they traced the constellations with their fingers, the witching hour upon them. She lay on his chest, at peace, as she had been since she met him, despite the great strides their relationship put them through, it could be called typical young love but it felt so much greater than that. She felt breathless when he was around, a stomach filled with a thousand butterflies every time their eyes met, every kiss felt like the first, she had been swooned, on cloud nine, and she never wanted to land.

Honey hadn't known love before him, but she doubted that anything could compare to the way he made her feel, he was the one who allowed her to understand all of the movies, the books, it all made sense how someone could be so irrevocably in love with a person, they didn't seem so silly anymore. She no longer scoffed at the idea of girls being broken when a man, or even a boy, left them because she knew that if that day ever came for her, she would be lost.

The past six months of her life had felt like a fever dream, ever since he had come into town she struggled to tell the difference between dreams and reality, they both felt the same around him. From the moment their eyes had met in the school halls she knew that everything had changed for her, that there was something about that boy that would change her, and she had been right, her life would never be the same because of him, in more ways than she knew of.

If you were to ask him, he would say the same. She wasn't just a young girl who'd fallen into his trap, a one-sided relationship, a love that was unrequited, he was just as crazy about her as she was him. He'd had girlfriends in the past, flimsy relationships here and there to kill the time, but that wasn't her. She was captivating, curious, and unlike the others, she hadn't fallen at his feet, she made him chase, and he loved the chase. How she would blush whenever he called her by her last name rather than her first, or how she would smile at him brightly with those eyes like a pool of honey, making it clear why she'd been named after the delicious treat. She was a tease, playing him at his own game, making him work for the reward, and oh how he loved that reward now he had it. If anyone had fallen at the feet of the other, it was him at her feet.

They could have stayed there all night had they been given the chance, but the girl would have to return home soon to meet her curfew, she couldn't let her parents find out who she was really with tonight, who she came out to meet every other night until late hours of the night because it certainly wasn't the girl friends she told them it was. Those girls didn't exist, she didn't have girl friends, at least not the kind that she could spend hours of the nights with. Those hours were all reserved for him, he was only ever a call away, he would drop everything to meet her in the park, if not at her bedroom window, sneaking in until she had fallen asleep in the comfort of his arms.