𝐢𝐢. second chance at first line

LOVERS ROCK
chapter two ; second chance at first line
[ season one - episode two ]

LOVERS ROCKchapter two ; second chance at first line[ season one - episode two ]

Honey Carter's backpack teetered off of her shoulder as she approached the field, her hands dug into her denim jacket as she looked across the field, the lacrosse team preparing for practice, yet another one she found supervising while she waited for Stiles. She wasn't sure how she'd spend her afternoons once she had moved out of the Stilinski house, when she had her own car back to drive home from school, she was going to be lost without it.

Not only did the lacrosse practices fill in the time between school finishing and going home, but now that she had personally claimed herself as Scott McCall's guardian watching practices such as this one was a must. She needed to be there if things went wrong if he lashed out and tried to kill one of his teammates like he almost tried to Stiles just for telling him he was a werewolf. The jocks on the lacrosse team wouldn't take it as easily as his best friend did.

Speaking of Stiles, he had spent the entire weekend harassing her at any given moment, hoping to find out what she knew about werewolves, even after she had denied knowing anything at all. He didn't believe her, he couldn't accept that it was a coincidence she ended up in the woods to look for Scott Friday night, and with Derek Hale nonetheless, it didn't make sense to him. Honey seemed further into this whole werewolf business than even Scott, she had to know more, there was no way she had only learned about it that night, if she had, she would have freaked out just like he did. But it was as if the girl didn't care about it. That it was just some typical news, not an absurd myth coming to life and changing the world as they knew it. If he had to he would harass her every day until he got it out of her, she would crack, she had to crack.

He looked over at the bleachers, the blonde sitting on them with a hand over her eyes, shielding them from the sun, she threw him a smile, a small wave, and a smile, putting on her best facade of being innocent. If she had any chance of keeping her past a secret she had to continue her lie for as long as possible, until she was prepared to talk about it, but after just two months she had barely processed it all for herself. She hadn't realized just how crazy it was until looking back on it, getting just a small taste of what a werewolf-less life looked like, though it had only lasted less than a day of living in Beacon Hills, it had been nice while it lasted.

For now, until she felt ready to talk about him and her former werewolf experience, she would lie as though her life depended on it, perhaps it did, it wouldn't have been the first time that her life hung in the balance because of werewolf business.

It had taken Stiles asking what she knew around thirty times before the blonde had learned that her best option was to ignore the question entirely, she stopped trying to justify herself for being in the woods with Derek, searching for Scott, she knew that he wouldn't believe that Derek Hale had offered to help her find her friend. Stiles didn't even have to know Derek to know that being nice wasn't his style. The man's face told it all. In fact, it was the twenty-something-year-old who stood between her lying and the truth, he was the only one who had a glimmer of the truth. She just hoped that Derek had enough secrets of his own that he wouldn't be concerned with those a sixteen-year-old girl was keeping from her friends.