𝐢𝐢𝐢. pack mentality

LOVERS ROCK
chapter three ; pack mentality
[ season one - episode three ]

LOVERS ROCKchapter three ; pack mentality[ season one - episode three ]

"So you killed her?"

"I don't know." Scott shrugged. His best friend walked behind him into the school, raising a brow at the wolf, he'd said it so casually, as though he hadn't just painted his best friend an image of a horror movie he and Allison starred in, better known as a dream he had last night. For Stiles, that seemed like something that shouldn't be discussed so early in the morning, he'd almost brought his breakfast back up with all the mentions of blood in Scott's story. "I just woke up sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream that made me wake up like that."

Stiles sniggered as he agreed that he'd had those kinds of dreams, but they ended differently for him, certainly not in bloody gore and death, no, his were much more pleasurable. Scott's lip had curled up in disgust, one, that wasn't what he meant, he was talking about how he'd never felt a dream so real, and secondly, he never wanted that much detail about his best friend in bed ever again. Perhaps the two had been best friends for years, brothers even, but there were some lines even they shouldn't cross, and that was just one of them. Stiles agreed, he wouldn't cross it, but he had a few guesses as to why Scott's dream last night occurred, Scott did too; his date with the brunette girl tomorrow. Neither of them wanted that to be the reason, but it seemed logical. Just the thought of it made him nervous, if he had strong emotions on that date there was nothing to stop him from losing control and ripping out her throat, just like he had in his dream.

His best friend tried to make him feel better, denying that that was what he had been thinking, it had only lasted a second because Scott had seen straight through the lie, it was obvious that the whole throat-ripping thing was the first thing to come in either of their minds. Stiles made a few more attempts at comforting his best friend, telling him how well he had been handling the large change in his life, it wasn't as though he could take a class in lycanthropy, though if there was he was sure that Honey had taken it, that or she really was just that smart.

Stiles's point had made Scott think. Perhaps there wasn't a class he could take, but there might be a teacher, and he wasn't talking about their blonde friend, no, the answer was much worse, it was yet another one of their stupid ideas, so stupid even Stiles disagreed with it, slapping Scott around the head just for suggesting it. They had put Derek in jail, accused him of murder, he was the last person they should be asking for help.

Scott knew that but he still couldn't shake just how real his dream felt, how vivid it was inside of his mind, the chasing her, the blood, dragging her to the back of the bus. It felt so real that, well, he wasn't sure that it hadn't happened at all. It was as Scott admitted that the two of them had walked out of the building, faced with the parking lot swarmed with deputies and reporters who all surrounded a school bus, one defaced with blood and large scratches. Both of their faces dropped at the sight, their hearts in their stomach as they looked all around them, it was just as Scott had described it. Now, Stiles wasn't sure that the dream wasn't real either.