𝐯𝐢𝐢. night school

LOVERS ROCK
chapter seven ; the tell
[ season one - episode seven ]

LOVERS ROCKchapter seven ; the tell[ season one - episode seven ]

Three bodies burst through the double doors of the school, tumbling onto the tiled ground in an attempt to escape the Alpha that had just ripped through the stomach of Derek Hale. For a single second the three teenagers lay on the cold floor, only a second to catch their breaths before they scrambled over to the door, colliding with the metal as they wrapped their arms around the pair of bars hoping that would keep it closed. They all kept low, conscious of the small windows that would allow the Alpha to see them as they hid. Each of them was freaked out, at a loss for words, still replaying the last thirty seconds over in their head no matter how gruesome the image. The blonde girl could hear her own scream in her ears, so loudly she was unsure whether she wasn't actually screaming.

The only noise in the seemly endless dark hallways were their soft whimpers, the heavy breaths of three teenagers who weren't sure they would make it through what remained of the night. It was just the three of them against a seven-foot-something beast with that made butcher knives look like a toy. Maybe they had a werewolf on their side, but in comparison, Scott was a puppy.

Scott looked over at the two holding onto the other door, and then their arms, it was all they had to offer at such short notice, but it wouldn't suffice. They needed to find something else and fast. None of them had to speak to know that was the task at hand, they couldn't stay here all night, it was too risky, the Alpha knew where they were.

Honey and Scott scanned the dark hallway around them, nothing but lockers and empty classes for what seemed like miles, nothing that they could quickly grab before they ran for their lives, it was useless. At least on their end. Stiles had an idea. He looked at the door, a look across his face that Honey noticed as she grabbed his sleeve, stopping him before he could even begin. The boy shrugged her off, peering out of the small window, the other two slowly standing up to see what he was looking at. A pair of bright yellow bolt cutters sat a few inches from the doors, that would block the doors so that they could run. Stiles looked at them for approval, an immediate no from the blonde as she shook her head, calling him stupid.

She admitted it was a good idea, but they couldn't do it, not when they couldn't even see where the Alpha was, he could jump out of any corner, killing them as quickly as he had killed Derek. It was a fair point that she made, one that Scott agreed to, partially. But currently, he sided with a stupid plan to get them out of here. He looked at the blonde, emphasizing that this was all they had. She looked back at Stiles, still considering it, she looked back at the bolt cutters outside, it was just a few feet away. Nothing too drastic. Her head turned to Stiles once more. Fine, she said with hesitance still clear in her tone. Stiles shoved the flashlight in Scott's arms, he was ready for it. But. Honey stopped him, grabbing the sleeve of his jacket once more. She was going.