𝐢𝐱. wolf's bane

LOVERS ROCK

chapter nine ; wolf's bane[ season one - episode nine ]

"You're going to kill us!" Scott McCall screamed from the backseat as he watched the blonde girl driving press her foot down harder on the gas pedal, she didn't have time to think about driving safely, just a few inches behind them, tailgating them was Kate, the woman dating her father, an eager hunter who thought she was car chasing Derek Hale, not her boyfriend's daughter. Honey never thought she would be speeding off from the woman, she was growing to like her despite a less than fortunate career choice, after tonight, she wasn't so sure how she would feel. It would depend on whether Kate caught them, and how she would deal with that.

"Then don't wimp out next time!" Honey snapped at the backseat driver, just half an hour ago it was the wolf who was supposed to be speeding this car around, giving Derek the chance to get away from Chris Argent while they distracted Kate, only he had backed out, too scared that he'd damage the werewolf's car. If the hunters didn't kill him, Derek would for doing that, Stiles was a dead man too. She was the best person for the job. She was the only person Derek wouldn't kill for damaging his car, the only one who could sweet talk Stilinski if he caught them, the girl with a relationship with the hunter in the car behind. Maybe she was driving like a maniac, but it was the best option the three of them had right now. "Faster?" She questioned the boy beside her.

Stiles peered over the back seat, Kate hot on their tail. "Much faster."

With another slam on the gas pedal, the three teenagers were thrown around, the car zooming ahead of Kate's fiat that struggled to keep up, she tried, she was determined to end this battle, to end the life of the Alpha she was convinced was driving in front of her. The question that her boyfriend asked her big brother remained in her head as she drove, wondering whether it was possible that Honey was the second beta, that when she dated that werewolf in Lousiana he'd told her about she had gotten more involved than either of them believed. Perhaps he brought more than trouble to the table, perhaps he brought the offer of a bite, making her just like him. The theory seemed unbelievable, but so real too. She had the chance of becoming one, and she had ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time much too often. Perhaps the answer always had been right in front of them, sitting opposite them at the dinner table.

After speeding a few more miles, Stiles peered over the back seat again, this time, he saw what was much worse than Kate being right behind them. She wasn't there at all. She was gone. The wolf and the blonde girl both turned their heads, the car swerving as Stiles quickly grabbed the wheel, steadying the car as Honey tried to figure out where Kate had disappeared to, why she'd stopped chasing Derek's car.